• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First time- went to store, didn’t buy a disc

Where I live all retail right now is locked down with curbside pickup only. Decided to roll the dice and went over to our local disc shop (conveniently two blocks from my house) to HOPE that I could DOUBTFULLY score a Leopard 3 in DX plastic. Luck was with me. They had one left, in that nice Innova blue. Made my day.

When i started playing i bought many discs just to try them. When i decided on a bag, i started buying multible backups for every disc.

They are still in the cellar at home, waiting for me to lose some discs in my bag. Some of them are sitting there close to a decade now.

Whenever i am tempted to buy new discs, i think of all the discs that spend their entire life in my cellar and who would also like to be thrown some day.

It's been years that i last bought a disc.

When i started playing i bought many discs just to try them. When i decided on a bag, i started buying multible backups for every disc.

They are still in the cellar at home, waiting for me to lose some discs in my bag. Some of them are sitting there close to a decade now.

Whenever i am tempted to buy new discs, i think of all the discs that spend their entire life in my cellar and who would also like to be thrown some day.

It's been years that i last bought a disc.

You must do much better about not losing discs than I do. Or play courses with less water. I try to keep a few extras of my favorites in my backup bag and have had to replace one Justice, Flare and M1 due to losing it and one Warhorse due to wrecking it. And that's only in the last 25 rounds. Though I will say that's more than I normally lose in that time period. It

I like your idea. I have a shelf full of discs that I never really 'clicked' with, so maybe I'll give them another shot when I feel like buying something new.

Did a disc audit. TBF it's from a 9 year period, but still a lot.

They are arranged by manufacturer.

Attachments

• A473A718-DBAA-429E-9C46-C5AE644562DF.jpg
    A473A718-DBAA-429E-9C46-C5AE644562DF.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 21
I like your idea. I have a shelf full of discs that I never really 'clicked' with, so maybe I'll give them another shot when I feel like buying something new.

Yes, I've bought quite a few discs that I thought I would like, but for some reason they just didn't work for me. I always re-try the disc again in the future...sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.
That doesn't stop me from buying more! :doh:

Yes, I've bought quite a few discs that I thought I would like, but for some reason they just didn't work for me. I always re-try the disc again in the future...sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.
That doesn't stop me from buying more! :doh:

I have done that often. And sometimes I end up liking them more. Often a disc was just a bit too OS for me and then as my form improves it becomes useable.

Some discs just never click.

I've done really well controlling my disc buying the past few months, it drives my wife crazy. Until a month ago, I paired up with a Coastguardsmen (I'm retired Navy), good conversation and he ask what to I like to throw ( Star Mamba) and just gives me a Westside Underworld, so here we go on another adventure in disc world.
Just took it to the practice field this past week for the first time, and I love it! So, I start gathering information on Westside. The Warship gets my attention, and I drive the ten miles to my favorite disc shop today. No Warship, but there's a King! Hmm a 14 speed, not today, too many drivers. Better picking up the Burst Warrant, I do need another mid, I only have a few. Get to the register and I find out I have enough points for a buy one an get one half off. I jump back over to the King and grab it. Theirs my justification. Straight to the practice field, the Warrant is a nice surprise, the king will take some work. I still want the Warship and maybe that Fortress I saw as well. Here we go on another disc adventure and how long will it take to spin my wife up.

Latest posts