• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Flight charts other than Innova?

Leroy

Bogey Member
Usually Innova gets most of my business largely because I really like their flight charts that show me how the discs fly. I'm not opposed to trying other brands but haven't found other brands with the same level of documentation when it comes to flight characteristics. Any suggestions?

Check out Joe's flight chart on gottagogottathrow.com

It doesn't draw out lines for you, but actually gives you more information than the Innova chart.

Edit: Beat me to it.

Most manufacturers have both hard copy chats and flight chart downloads. And most have flight #s and flight paths.

Keep in mind that those "picture flight charts" are only a suggestion.

Straight off of the Innova flight chart..."Flight paths will vary based on skill, power and throwing style. Disc flights represent a flat straight right hand backhand throw in calm conditions at ideal throwing speed."

My suggestion is to use the flight numbers (speed/glide/turn/fade) instead of the little picture chart that they put out. By using these as a reference for a discs flight characteristics, it'll let you know how YOU throw discs with said characteristics. Also, you can print up Joe's Flight Chart (1 page) and keep it in your bag or car for when you are out buying discs etc. If you find a disc you may be interested in, you can just look at its S/G/T/F numbers and know approximately how you are going to throw it.

I found that this works pretty well for me. Just my .02 ;)

I compared a new marshal street flight chart to an older one and there are huge changes. I didn't look into it anymore but anyone know the reason?

Joe's is what I consider the most helpful, but you have to get used to it. Altitude has a great chart, too, and they've tried to apply Innova-type numbers to other brands. I use these two the most when comparing brands or looking for something new. Each has errors (and this will depend on your individual experiences or throwing style compared to the guys who compiled the chart), but they're both very good. Comparing a disc's ratings between the two charts will tell you pretty much where it is in real life. Either both charts will agree, or the truth will be somewhere in the middle.

I like the idea of Marshall Street's visual grouping, but it's so full of bad errors that I don't even look at it anymore...super awesome dg store for sure, though! But dang that chart needs some serious revamping.

Last edited:
^^ marshall st chart is a little off, but still probably the best one out there.

Marshall Street's is very good to help you understand how stable discs are in comparison to one another, by their distance from one another on the chart.

I'm pretty good at remembering numbers/figures, but it is so much easier for me to visualize this chart in my head, and approx remember where the disc lies on the chart. I usually could remember what stability my discs had, but this helps me remember the stability is of "more uncommon" discs, too.

If you take a good close look at Marshall Street's chart, and providing you have some hands-on experience with all of the discs you're comparing, it's just hard to put faith in the chart. I mean, there are some huge discrepancies. I think someone else made the comment that it seems like whoever is doing the disc testing for them has some oat issues and/or didn't really take time to test them properly. But it's a great, helpful, free effort that they even take the time to make a chart at all - hands down one of the best dg stores in so many ways.