• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Flip City - anything else around worth playing?

Valet

Par Member
Planning a trip to Flip w/ my buddies in June. We'll have 2 full days to play sun up to sun down. Would you recommend playing Flip both days or would you recommend checking out any course nearby? It's an 8 hour drive to Flip so it's not like I'll have the chance to get back there soon or often so is my time best spent playing this disc golf mecca until my arm falls off or checking out others while I'm up there?

Whitehall Township?
Branstrom?
The Farm?
Mason County?
Mullally Park?

Thanks for the feedback!

whaaa

Definitely others up there worth playing!!
Close to flip is also leviathan(mentioned above) and mason county-which is three awesome courses all put together(beauty,beast, and goliath) overlooking lake michigan:thmbup:

If you're at flip, leviathan and mason county are must plays. if you have a small enough group (probably 4 players tops) and play quickly, you can probably get in all 4 in a day, if you start early.

Definitely others up there worth playing!!
Close to flip is also leviathan(mentioned above) and mason county-which is three awesome courses all put together(beauty,beast, and goliath) overlooking lake michigan:thmbup:

Mason sounds like a full day itself. Would you suggest playing one day here and one at Flip or if it was your first time would you concentrate both days on Flip? From what I hear, this is disc golf heaven...why would anyone leave heaven:confused:?

Flip is amazing, but a large part is the experience. Glow rounds, camping, bill is probably the best host I've ever had (came out and played with us at about 3 am.) but if you're going out there, several other courses have a lot to offer. In my 20 courses played, Leviathan is certainly the toughest. It's something you have to experience IMO. and mason county is a ton of fun, and so close.

I would definitely agree with one full day at Flip City, and one full day at Mason County. That way you can relax at the courses and not have to worry about rushing to play the others. But if you were trying to pack on as many courses as possible, you could accomplish a lot with 2 days in that area.

Last edited:
I live about 10 min. from Idlewild and I'm not that good. That course beats me up! I live a mile from Lincoln Ridge and I love it because it's got everything. From what I understand, Flip is like Lincoln Ridge. I, personally, am looking for the fun factor rather than a challenge. That Whitehall Township course looked pretty sweet (pics on this site), but is that not the case? Is Leviathan that much better than Whitehall (which is much closer to Flip, right?).
And I'm looking forward to the glow at Flip. I hope the rest of my crew (3 others) is w/ me.

After reading everything it sounds like everyone feels Flip one day and ___ on the second day. Leviathan or Mason???

Flip definitely is FUN. And challenging at the same time. Lets just say its "fair".... Whitehall is a lot of fun too. I like wooded courses and thats definitely wooded.;) And Whitehall is a fair/challenging type course as well.
Edit: Flip and Mason county courses for sure.... Check out Leviathan another time or if you have an extra day.

Last edited:
I live about 10 min. from Idlewild and I'm not that good. That course beats me up! I live a mile from Lincoln Ridge and I love it because it's got everything. From what I understand, Flip is like Lincoln Ridge. I, personally, am looking for the fun factor rather than a challenge. That Whitehall Township course looked pretty sweet (pics on this site), but is that not the case? Is Leviathan that much better than Whitehall (which is much closer to Flip, right?).
And I'm looking forward to the glow at Flip. I hope the rest of my crew (3 others) is w/ me.

I'd say that Flip and Mason County both have a very high fun factor. Leviathan can be fun depending on what type of challenge your looking for. It's one of the more challenging courses out there, and it will put your skills to test. Never played Whitehall so I can't comment on it, but I have heard mixed reactions on it overall. Branstrom is a fun course too, a couple holes with high fun factor.

Leviathan vs Mason depends on what you're looking for. Leviathan only comes in one form, hard. Mason county has Beauty, Beast, and Goliath (in ascending difficulty) so you won't find any slouch courses there, but Leviathan is tougher. I guess if you were to only pick one, I'd say Mason since it has more variety, but I really suggest playing Leviathan too.

You guys have been awesome. Thanks for the advice. We don't go until June, but can't wait to get this trip started.

Yep, 2nd and 3rd all the emotions above.

Flip, Luddington Course, et al are stunning. Like Tallie Paulie said, 2 days ain't even close to enough time. :)

Should I quit my job? It's really getting in the way...:wall:

If you can, then you should. ;)

I'm lucky enough to have 3-day weekends I can take advantage of! :) :thmbup:

Actually, one buddy and I will arrive around 2 pm at Flip on Thursday. We will play however many times we can until dark and then maybe play glow. The others will arrive Thursday night and we'll wake up and play Flip all day. Day 2 will either be Flip or ____... So I will actually have a bit more than 2 days.

Actually, one buddy and I will arrive around 2 pm at Flip on Thursday. We will play however many times we can until dark and then maybe play glow. The others will arrive Thursday night and we'll wake up and play Flip all day. Day 2 will either be Flip or ____... So I will actually have a bit more than 2 days.

Do you know the route your taking up there? If you have extra days, there could be some other really nice courses on the way, depending on which way you took.

Last edited:

Latest posts