• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Floating Disc Golf - Grow The Sport

Jay Dub

* Ace Member *
A co-worker found this and showed it to me. It's one way to "grow the sport".

Floating Disc Golf

Add an exciting new game to your next pool party with our Floating Disc Golf Game. It comes with six floating, pool-safe discs in two colors that work with the floating target. Get more than one to create your own multi-target course or an original team-based game.
• Includes one floating target and 6 weighted discs (3 Blue, 3 Lime)
• Constructed of vinyl, foam, plastic and aluminum
• Wipe clean with soapy water as needed
• Not intended for use with traditional disc golf discs or baskets

Made in USA.

A Frontgate exclusive.

$150:doh::doh::doh::doh:

Honestly great concept for both us die-hards and the casual, "oh I heard of that before!" but holy hell not so expensive. Aliexpress/GearBest/Fasttech need to have a $20 version out ASAP. Or an actual company could put some actual effort into the product...and STILL not charge $150.

Yup, we mentioned that also here at work. There is a discount with free shipping:

25% Off + Free Shipping with code POOLTIME

That's still over $110.

$150:doh::doh::doh::doh:

Clicked the link in the OP, saw the price, and went... :eek:!
Thanks, but no thanks... but hey, if they can find people willing to pay that, more power to 'em. :\

That said, we could give pool courses a beginner rating, lake/pond courses an intermediate rating, Great Lakes/big river courses for advanced, and playing in ocean swells for pros.

Last edited:
The basket "chains" are attached to the outer rim of the basket. They appear to be obstructions rather than a target. It looks like one would have to avoid hitting them in order to get a disc in. Hanging 2 foot lengths of rope around the outer edge of the band would seem to be a better idea for catching the foam discs.

My buddy found some plastic drums, cleaned/sealed them up and attached his travel practice basket to the rig. Doesn't help when your putter sinks (just have someone in the pool to retrieve) but is fun pool day activity!

You could just get a plastic basket from Innova or Wham-O and attach it to a tube or floaty. Personally though, I hate putting minis. They're just too light. (6" Zones are the only exception. Those have a good hefty, chunky feel. I can use my normal putting stroke and they fly just the same).

I got my friend one of those floating greens with velcro wiffle golf balls, and we use our own wedges. I hate ball golf, but somehow, pitching wiffle balls into a pool is super zen.
mini-discatcher_box.jpg

150 bucks for a little bit of plastic that should cost around 20 to 25 bucks tops? No thanks, no way. That is as much as I paid for my MVP Black Hole practice basket!

Last edited:
>grow the sport!
>We need more money for pros!
>More money for women's events!
>More corporate sponsors!
>$150?!? That is like three times as much as my bank account screw you man :mad: