• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Flyboy still around?

Thanks for the update, I had a buddy ask me, since he was moving to the Atlanta area and wanted to try it out. Its a shame it doesnt get played more often, its incredible.

Don't listen to Connor. I went out there and birdied every hole in one round and Kelly just pulled out the baskets and buried them in disgust.

Legend has it that they were buried deep inside the hole on hole 8.

Don't listen to Connor. I went out there and birdied every hole in one round and Kelly just pulled out the baskets and buried them in disgust.

Legend has it that they were buried deep inside the hole on hole 8.

Is there still a stick in that hole?

I wonder if we could convince the owner to open it up for a weekend tourney?

Never been there myself.

I wonder if we could convince the owner to open it up for a weekend tourney?

Never been there myself.

I don't foresee another tournament there ... basically ever.

On a side note: The hangar on hole 27 (technically 26) is for sale for like 350k-ish if anyone's interested ...

It would be really cool if they opened Flyboy up just once a year for an invitational tournament with all the top touring pros.

I know its a ton of work and Kelly has other stuff in his life... but its just a damn shame that somebody like Prodigy doesn't just toss a bunch of money his way to sponsor something that would make it worth his while. Such a cool looking course.

On a side note: The hangar on hole 27 (technically 26) is for sale for like 350k-ish if anyone's interested ...

... and just because you owned said hangar, doesn't mean you could play the course whenever you wanted either. It would still all come down to when Kelly would be available.

There just isn't the time for a huge tournament out there, or more importantly, neighbors in agreement that a tournament would be a good idea :|

its just a damn shame that somebody like Prodigy doesn't just toss a bunch of money his way to sponsor something that would make it worth his while. Such a cool looking course.

Prodigy isn't gonna toss anyone money for anything. Ask Lavone Wolfe about their business practices. :thmbdown:

Prodigy isn't gonna toss anyone money for anything. Ask Lavone Wolfe about their business practices. :thmbdown:

For what it's worth, I believe Kelly is part of Prodigy.

And I wouldn't rule out an elite event at Flyboy, at some point in the future.

But, as others have pointed out, the biggest hurdle is the neighbors' acceptance.

check out my sweet photoshop skillz ...

VKStK25.jpg

Send that photoshopped pic to Kelly, suggest he decorate his hangar like this, and then.....

Oops. Nevermind.

Latest posts