• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Flying Basket of Death and Destruction Build Thread

Believe it or not but I have my first EVER sponsor for a flight of this bad boy. I'll be going to Airfest in Argonia, Kansas over Labor Day weekend and fly it there. The sponsor is Momentary Bliss and hopefully I'll be able to do a little video with an on-board camera. Sounds like they want to sponsor another flight in the fall as well...

Lots of launching out at Bong Recreation Area here in SE WI.

You going to be out this way anytime?

Oh yeah...

Current plan is to fly it at least once per day of that launch. There are a lot of launches at that site over the winter so if time permits I might be there sooner.

And I have a related project over the winter which will make it easier to fly a basket at disc golf tourneys... Details coming. :popcorn:

Last edited:
Been working on a new project...not to say that the FBDoD won't fly again - because it certainly will. Let's just say I came up with something...smaller. Why? Because the regular one is a royal PITA to fly (legally) at your local park. So I made one that is 1/2 sized and flies on G or F motors. So this is small enough to fall under the FAA Class I category which means this can be flown anywhere that allows model rockets. No FAA waiver required. :) Now, I'm only going to allow 1/2 sized putters and/or minis to be thrown at it BUT with the much smaller motor that means disc golfers can stand a lot closer.

Going to get it painted this week and hopefully at least one test flight in this weekend. And yes, I have chains for it.

Attachments

• IMG_2791.jpg
    IMG_2791.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 35
Been working on a new project...not to say that the FBDoD won't fly again - because it certainly will. Let's just say I came up with something...smaller. Why? Because the regular one is a royal PITA to fly (legally) at your local park. So I made one that is 1/2 sized and flies on G or F motors. So this is small enough to fall under the FAA Class I category which means this can be flown anywhere that allows model rockets. No FAA waiver required. :) Now, I'm only going to allow 1/2 sized putters and/or minis to be thrown at it BUT with the much smaller motor that means disc golfers can stand a lot closer.

Going to get it painted this week and hopefully at least one test flight in this weekend. And yes, I have chains for it.

Soooooo......NOW you're on the smaller basket bandwagon. SMH.

:p:p

FAA Waiver was what made it cool !

Now you're just some nerd in a field with a subobtimal payload.:p

Got small chains for the small basket. Comes in at just over 2lbs which is well under the 3lb limit for Class 1 rockets which is a very good thing. Found a 30" chute in my inventory so this bird is ready to fly once I get a motor in it. :)

Attachments

• 82E7192A-40E7-46B5-8E7E-19894E280C43.jpg
    82E7192A-40E7-46B5-8E7E-19894E280C43.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 22
That looks like a much nicer version of the Conejo Valley YMCA baskets.

And it can fly!!

Latest posts