• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] For the love of LEGACY

Some of the best designed/tweaked molds and best performing plastic blends ever made in my opinion

Traded for a first run Bandit, but haven't had a ton of time to test it out yet. Other than a few test shots. They were pretty windy days, so was hard to really get a feel for it in a more neutral conditions. But, I'm intrigued enough to give it some more tosses and reading up more on the Legacy line.

Just posted this on the Legacy collector FB page:

10/10 aside from practice putting for 5 minutes, very first drive:doh:
qmDxdLw.jpg

I don't have a whole lot of experience with Patriots, but the ones that I have thrown seem to be more stable than Leopards, and that's not a bad thing.

i won't lie, i am thinking about putting either rivals or patriots back in my bag. probably patriots since PD's power down well. we will see. i am starting to see a need for something a little slower, perhaps. it might help with some of my control issues on the course.

i would feel weird carrying 3 different driver speeds, though...could lead to shot selection problems between a seasoned ppd and a patriot.

i won't lie, i am thinking about putting either rivals or patriots back in my bag. probably patriots since PD's power down well. we will see. i am starting to see a need for something a little slower, perhaps. it might help with some of my control issues on the course.

i would feel weird carrying 3 different driver speeds, though...could lead to shot selection problems between a seasoned ppd and a patriot.

Hence me dropping my beloved QJLS' - I was just talking to DiscFiend about this earlier today. It's hard to tell when I should power down on an OLF/PD, power up on a Buzzz, or throw a QJ. Came to the conclusion the QJs were obsolete and throwing lower lines with the OLF or higher ones with my Buzzz would suffice. Or standstills with the OLF [PD].

Rampage or something similar as my maxD driver.

Hence me dropping my beloved QJLS' - I was just talking to DiscFiend about this earlier today. It's hard to tell when I should power down on an OLF/PD, power up on a Buzzz, or throw a QJ. Came to the conclusion the QJs were obsolete and throwing lower lines with the OLF or higher ones with my Buzzz would suffice. Or standstills with the OLF [PD].

Rampage or something similar as my maxD driver.

exactly.

the pinnacle patriots are just so tempting, though . . . either that or i was thinking about cycling dx teebirds and leaving the PD out of it. i really don't know. i like the PD, it is doing good things for me. i just think, with the distance i've gained, i may be better served throwing a slower fairway with a little more glide instead of going with a faster disc. then i would have to worry about being able to throw a teebird 400' though, which would not be as easy as a PPD, i imagine.

patriot was the first disc i ever threw 400', so i'm not really sure. as summer rolls around i'm sure my control game will tighten up and i'll probably opt to stay with the PD/PD2 as my fairway/control/distance duo.

but dat pinnacle plastic . . . i'll always love legacy's plastic.

Traded for a Legacy Pinnacle Cannon today.. disc is flat out amazing. This was my first legacy disc, now they've got me curious~

^Ever read an MVP thread? It's like that except everyone throws 100'+ farther;)

Seriously though, wonderful company and some really noteworthy molds.

ive never bought or thrown legacy, and have nothing against the company. but i do find it funny that
when the envy was coming out, a few people were all up in arms about how mvp copied a rhyno. yet legacy putts out molds that are direct copies and they are revered. just seems like people are trying to have a cake and eat it too.

I don't have a problem with anyone "copying" anything...it's pretty much all been done before, hard not to do something similar. I mean Innova has a disc for literally just about every flight pattern there is. That said, there is nothing on the market like the Rampage and Cannon, and you can't beat pinnacle plastic. I mostly like legacy because of the way the present themselves as a company. There's no flash, no arrogance, no hype (as opposed to some companies who shall not be named!). Just business and letting the product speak for itself. That's the way it should be done

When did people whine about MVP copying a Rhyno? People just like to whine about MVP because some of their fans are absolute d-bags about blindly following them. Please don't start this argument here. Take it to the myriad of MVP threads that are available to you.

I have similar struggles to you guys with my Rivals since I carry 4 PDs. I like the Rival, and I want to keep it in my bag, but I definitely don't need it since I'm carrying all these PDs anyways.

Sort of a strange argument...Everyone seems to take a shot at their roc, or teebird etc. There is always going to be company to company overlap.

When did people whine about MVP copying a Rhyno? People just like to whine about MVP because some of their fans are absolute d-bags about blindly following them. Please don't start this argument here. Take it to the myriad of MVP threads that are available to you.

not trying to derail or take anything away from legacy. i wasnt even looking for a response. just hoping people will be as open minded to their fan bias as any other company. a long shot i know

that being said, they do have some really beautiful plastic and i do the hope the company can continue to grow and please a somewhat quiet fan base.