• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] For the love of LEGACY

hmmm.. so softer protege? i was hoping it would be the nice stiff stuff like my Clozers

The recent team stamped protege clutches are also softer than the original diamond plating stamped protege clutches. I was disappointed at first, but have come to really like this mix. Just a touch more grip to it. But it does feel and wear similar to the Excel plastic I have been picking up lately.

The recent team stamped protege clutches are also softer than the original diamond plating stamped protege clutches. I was disappointed at first, but have come to really like this mix. Just a touch more grip to it. But it does feel and wear similar to the Excel plastic I have been picking up lately.

10-4 .. i had heard about them releasing some softer protege .. i sure do like my stiffs but im sure i will get some of the softer ones eventually .. i have a lil stack of stiff protege i will be able to use for a bit.. im sure i will like the lil softer blend as well.. on the ghosts though boy it would have been sweet if it was the stiff blend.. i assume the original protege ghosts are the stiff like i want but god knows what i would have to pay for them if i could even find them

I received a pink 176g and white 177g gauge in the mail today and i gotta say I'm really digging this disc. I was looking to replace my comets with this disc and was able to throw it on all the same lines & distance with the exception of the gauge fighting out of an anhyzer a little more, which I expect to go away with time. The one thing I did notice was the gauge seemed to "punch" through branches/leaves where my comets would drop or wobble off line.

I received a pink 176g and white 177g gauge in the mail today and i gotta say I'm really digging this disc. I was looking to replace my comets with this disc and was able to throw it on all the same lines & distance with the exception of the gauge fighting out of an anhyzer a little more, which I expect to go away with time. The one thing I did notice was the gauge seemed to "punch" through branches/leaves where my comets would drop or wobble off line.

yeah i dont want to hate on the Comet at all.. i LOVE that mold and threw it for years.. but yeah the Gauge is awful nice lol and like you it and my seasoned Excel Ghosts have knocked it from the bag .. i throw mine a ton on similar lines.. anhyzer, hyzers, you name it the disc is capable of doing it all .. you get Icon or Pinnacle?

Went and played a Monday night handicap league last night with the following my small bag and ended up shooting the hot round for the night and taking down top spot after hcp was calculated in. I think I threw four molds the entire night. Patriot, Clutch, Ghost and Gauge. Every time I stepped up to a hole that was under 400, it was Patriot time.

Champ Firebird
Pinnacle Rival
Legend Rival
Legend Patriot
Icon Patriot
Pinnacle Ghost
Excel Ghost
Pinnacle Gauge
Protege Clutch
Protege Clutch
Icon Clutch

yeah i dont want to hate on the Comet at all.. i LOVE that mold and threw it for years.. but yeah the Gauge is awful nice lol and like you it and my seasoned Excel Ghosts have knocked it from the bag .. i throw mine a ton on similar lines.. anhyzer, hyzers, you name it the disc is capable of doing it all .. you get Icon or Pinnacle?

As much as I rave about Patriots I think the Gauge is becoming my favorite Legacy mold. Really easy to throw and does exactly what you tell it to do.

The only thing I would miss about Comets is the neutrality at any speed. I have a Polecat in the bag for such a situation anyway.

Went and played a Monday night handicap league last night with the following my small bag and ended up shooting the hot round for the night and taking down top spot after hcp was calculated in. I think I threw four molds the entire night. Patriot, Clutch, Ghost and Gauge. Every time I stepped up to a hole that was under 400, it was Patriot time.

Champ Firebird
Pinnacle Rival
Legend Rival
Legend Patriot
Icon Patriot
Pinnacle Ghost
Excel Ghost
Pinnacle Gauge
Protege Clutch
Protege Clutch
Icon Clutch

awesome dude!! just switch out the clutch for clozers and add some bandits and thats pretty much my bag :D

No need. My Icon Clutch is pretty darn beefy. I normally carry more disc's, but the course last night doesn't have much over 400 feet. I think the total course distance is around 5400 ft. I am interested in trying a protege closer as an alternative to my Icon Clutch in my overstable driving putter slot. But for now, I am happy with what I have.

So i decided to try out a pinnacle gauge a few weeks ago and took out my fuse to give it a fair trial,man this disc is sweet!. I picked up some light purple/pink 174-176 gauges as they felt much more gummy than the semi stiff higher weights. This thing has been working amazing,glides for days,slow turn,sneaky long. Took me a little while to learn it but its getting more throws and i like it a lot.

If you like the Pinnacle, try an Icon. A lot more glide. My experience is with the same color and weight Pinnacle as yours.

It's been a good few weeks for Legacy acquisitions. FR Bandit, FR Mongoose, Patriot, Legend Patriot, Legend Bandit.

uploadfromtaptalk1409091653306.jpg

10-4 .. i had heard about them releasing some softer protege .. i sure do like my stiffs but im sure i will get some of the softer ones eventually .. i have a lil stack of stiff protege i will be able to use for a bit.. im sure i will like the lil softer blend as well.. on the ghosts though boy it would have been sweet if it was the stiff blend.. i assume the original protege ghosts are the stiff like i want but god knows what i would have to pay for them if i could even find them

LMAO!

I want my 175g Legacy Outlaw in gunmetal Legend plastic.

These Destroyers are nice for now, but i don't have 2 that fly the same.. please Legacy end my agony.

So i decided to try out a pinnacle gauge a few weeks ago and took out my fuse to give it a fair trial,man this disc is sweet!. I picked up some light purple/pink 174-176 gauges as they felt much more gummy than the semi stiff higher weights. This thing has been working amazing,glides for days,slow turn,sneaky long. Took me a little while to learn it but its getting more throws and i like it a lot.

yes sir!!! get that euro trash out of that bag :p :p .. i kid, i kid .. but yes the Gauge is one amazing mold :D

I bought a stack of the first run pinnacle pink gauges in max weights, they will hold the most dead straight laser lines i have ever seen, and as they break in they develop a very predictable drift rather than a turn over which is great for more control.

I have yet to beat one in past the drift stage so im not sure if they break into turn/burners after a while.

I have to say I love the pinnacle plastic gauge. It might not be as durable as others but it's so nice and stiff and grippy. Parked #15 at Lakewood 330' downhill tunnel shot yesterday. Couple degrees of hyzer flipped up and lasered to 5 feet. Really wanting to see some pinnacle Outlaws, I'm sure Icon will be first. Icon is still great too though. My Patriots and Bandits get normal workouts too. Got to love the flight and feel, Rico and Co. are doing things right.

So I bought one of those x-out boxes of 90 putters on Facebook...

I've got a life time supply of Clozers and Clutches. Had a lot of fun sorting through all them. Found 2 Protege Clozers that weighed 220g...

Latest posts