• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] For the love of LEGACY

They're all good. Try a second run icon in a higher weight though they're domey and stable. I personally like my purple.

I wish I had access to discs that I could feel up, but unfortunately there's no one around here who sells anything but a very limited selection of Innova. I got a 178 Icon; who knows what run it's from. Hoping it's got some stability and grip.

Care to elaborate? Flat/domey? Stability? Plastic? I'm like a fiend for disc info I swear.

Mine are all 173g+

I have white, blue, red and orange production run outlaws, they all have the same PLH as my First Run Blues with a touch more dome, but not as much dome as the second run, closer to the first run. I have not thrown my production runs yet, but based on table top comparison i would say they should fly just like first runs maybe a bit more carry distance potential.

My First run blues fly very straight with good fade out of the box, i would say the blue ones are my favorite because they take a few rounds to break in and get that -1 turn to show up how i like.

Fresh out of box: 0 turn, 3 fade
few rounds and tree hits: -1 turn, 3 fade

Doesn't take long for me to break in the icon outlaws.

The Legend Outlaws are a different animal, all of the ones ive thrown are beefy, great windy day discs and soon the pinnacles should come out and from what i hear aside from the test blend pinnacles is that they will be a little more HSS to start out as well somewhere between the legend and icon.. but that's just talk ;) wont know for sure till we have them.

Last edited:
That's pretty much exactly what I wanted to hear :clap: my FR burgundy is my favorite thrower. I really do hope the pinn are nicely hss because even my legend purple has a little wiggle. I could go all outlaw and replace my z forces then.

Got my two Gauges and two Ghosts. It's snowing and cold here so I haven't throw them yet, but my initial thoughts are that the Icon and Pinnacle Gauge both feel amazing. Super nice plastic, nice feeling rim, and they look great. The light blue Pinnacle is super pearly.

The Ghosts on the other hand...not super pumped. The Gravity ghost is almost floppy and the Icon ghost is rock hard and looks more like Pinnacle than Icon. If they fly great I can forgive some of that, but the Icon used in the Ghost in nothing like the great feeling in the Icon Gauge.

@clard, Some older runs of Icon before the new blend they started running with the FR Outlaws is harder, Gravity is meant to be soft though. If you want stiffer gravity then try to find white gravity ghosts, they are more on the stiff side but still slightly soft, my fav baseline plastic and probably what you're looking for. protege is their stiff version of gravity plastic but they have not released the Ghost in it yet.. maybe they are trying to make a better protege blend.

Threw some second run Outlaws today and was surprised by how much less HSS they have out of the box compared to most of my FRs, and they glide noticeably longer too.. they absolutely crush but i like the FR better, will take a Production run i have out tomorrow and see how they compare to my first runs. From the looks they should be just as OS as my FR.

The Ghosts on the other hand...not super pumped. The Gravity ghost is almost floppy and the Icon ghost is rock hard and looks more like Pinnacle than Icon. If they fly great I can forgive some of that, but the Icon used in the Ghost in nothing like the great feeling in the Icon Gauge.

What color are the gravity ghosts? I just picked up an Icon and I would like to grab two gravity to fill out my mid selection.

I am pretty pumped for the Prowler, though I am not sure if a release date has been set yet?

Got my two Gauges and two Ghosts. It's snowing and cold here so I haven't throw them yet, but my initial thoughts are that the Icon and Pinnacle Gauge both feel amazing. Super nice plastic, nice feeling rim, and they look great. The light blue Pinnacle is super pearly.

Orange and white ghosts.

Between dx and kc pro. Awesome plastic.

Aight, gotta rescind my initial hate on the softish gravity ghost. Feels super good in cold weather and flies great. Still think that icon ghost is awful. No grip and hard as a rock. I'm gonna try to track down a newer icon and maybe a pinnacle. I'd like a pretty grippy pinnacle ghost...does that exist?

I'd like a pretty grippy pinnacle ghost...does that exist?

nnnnnnnnnnot that i've seen. the first runs i had were hard like porcelain. the ones i had after that had a little more grip, but really are more like the stiff pinnacle rivals and patriots in terms of grip. i really wish they could make pinnacle ghosts in that gummy pinnacle and make them beefy. maybe i'd go back to ghosts.

nnnnnnnnnnot that i've seen. the first runs i had were hard like porcelain. the ones i had after that had a little more grip, but really are more like the stiff pinnacle rivals and patriots in terms of grip. i really wish they could make pinnacle ghosts in that gummy pinnacle and make them beefy. maybe i'd go back to ghosts.

Good to know, thanks Koda. I just went out and walked the dogs and got about a dozen throws in with my Pinnacle Gauge, and that thing is money. I like it about 100x more than the Mako3s I picked up. Starts off with a little more stability, the plastic is super nice, and it has a vertical inner rim. I couldn't throw my Icon Gauge yet because there is about 6 inches of snow on the ground here and it's white!

I cant seem to get into my Icon Gauge. I haven't thrown it in above freezing temps yet though.

I'd like a pretty grippy pinnacle ghost...does that exist?

It seems, to me, in the earlier runs of Legacy's molds, there's at least one "different" color and weight range that's gummy/gummy feeling. I'm sure a grippy Pinnacle exists. I'm just not sure you're going to want to pay for them.

The other option is continuing to throw yours. Pinnacle is no different than any other premium plastic. It'll develop a bunch of grip with some wear. That's obviously not ideal, but some things are worth the wait.

I agree that the Pinnacle used in the Gauge feels better out of the box than the Ghost though.

I cant seem to get into my Icon Gauge. I haven't thrown it in above freezing temps yet though.

What don't you like about it?

I can't say that I throw a lot of line drives with mine either. I did switch to Pinnacle though because of how much my Icon started turning on me.

I like the Icons for the turn and a white heavy pinnacle for dead straight. No turn, no fade

Stevo know whats up.

I took my Icon Gauge out of the bag, started out very neutral and held long anny lines all the way to the ground but developed turn quickly and tons of glide can be risky. The pinnacles I like better, they're the good pinnacle plastic and start of just slightly over-stable and take a while to break into the neutral flight like Icon but they have a touch less glide that makes them more reliable for me.

I hardly use the gauge, only when im trying to throw a shorter touch shot dead straight line with minimal turn/fade and even then i have a pinnacle Ghost that can do that if i can power it up enough. I just love the Ghosts, i have 4 in the bag and they do everything with all the different plastics and stages of wear they are a do-it-all mid-range mold, imo.

Last edited:
I didn't see much coverage of Rico at the Memorial (saw more from the Legacy FPO crew). Was he throwing any new molds at the tourney or sticking with production discs this time out?

Latest posts