• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] For the love of LEGACY

How's the rim on the Outlaw? The Sword is a bit of an anomaly for me in that being as fast as it is the rim feels alright in my little hands. It gets really iffy inside the speed 11-12 and up stuff.

As far as feel goes that's something you might want to find out for yourself, i have large hands so i never have problems with high speed stuff, but i think the Outlaw feels the same as any other speed 12 disc. Find a local shop that has Outlaws if you can and see what they feel like.

How's the rim on the Outlaw? The Sword is a bit of an anomaly for me in that being as fast as it is the rim feels alright in my little hands. It gets really iffy inside the speed 11-12 and up stuff.

As a fellow little hander, I finally took one of mine out for some throws. I generally don't like anything wider than a PD. I had no problems throwing the Outlaw, FH or BH. In fact, my first BH throw, I was shocked at how much spin I got on it. It (lightweight maroon) also wasn't nearly as beefy as I was expecting. Nice HSS with a strong, but not extreme fade (for me having a noodle).

I wasn't getting much more distance from my normal drivers, but I was surprised at how easy it was to throw.

If you get a chance to throw a Glow Rival, I highly recommend you try one out! These things fly like a Pinnacle Rival, but they just refuse to fade out at the end and glide forward. I thought I was doing something strange when I first threw it, then the next dozen throws confirmed that's what these will do.

If you get a chance to throw a Glow Rival, I highly recommend you try one out! These things fly like a Pinnacle Rival, but they just refuse to fade out at the end and glide forward. I thought I was doing something strange when I first threw it, then the next dozen throws confirmed that's what these will do.

Right there with you! Super easy to throw, FH or BH, and a perfect stability.

Pop quiz for the rival throwers....what's the most stable rival? I want to get a glow rival but until the frenzy dies down they might be tough to find. I have a light icon that I like but I'd like something I can really rip without worrying about it turning as my home course has a lot of fairways that are pretty tight on both sides. I know I should just throw with more hyzer, but sometimes it's nice not to have to worry about it and rip it flat.

I have a 173 first run patriot coming in the mail, would that potentially work also?

I can't speak to the most stable Rival. I can say that the flat pearly Pinnacles are quite overstable. I can say that the Patriot isn't going to cut it though. The gummy Ivory 168s would though.

Pop quiz for the rival throwers....what's the most stable rival? I want to get a glow rival but until the frenzy dies down they might be tough to find. I have a light icon that I like but I'd like something I can really rip without worrying about it turning as my home course has a lot of fairways that are pretty tight on both sides. I know I should just throw with more hyzer, but sometimes it's nice not to have to worry about it and rip it flat.

I have a 173 first run patriot coming in the mail, would that potentially work also?
The lemonade 168 pinnacle rivals are the beefiest.

I've got some flat white pinnacle Rivals that are pretty beefy. The Legend Rival I have is even a bit more-so.

Sounds like I've got some hunting to do, thanks for the feedback :D

I'd love to find one of those 168 first run pats but they get snatched up quick!

The lemonade 168 pinnacle rivals are the beefiest.

I can attest to this claim. I got a lemonade rival at 168g from Moose and that thing is beefy as hell. I do not have a cannon for an arm but can throw my Rivals pretty far. I have a pink pinnacle Rival at 171g that I can throw flat and I can get some turn out of it. The lemonade yellow 168g Rival is just pure sweetness. It's gummier than the pink one and just glides like a beast when thrown flat. It doesn't have the sort of fade that just dumps left but instead it has an awesome forward fade that just keeps going for days. It's good if you want a skip after it hits the ground. Rivals love being thrown on a hyzer and they just follow the hyzer all the way without crashing.

I can attest to this claim. I got a lemonade rival at 168g from Moose and that thing is beefy as hell. I do not have a cannon for an arm but can throw my Rivals pretty far. I have a pink pinnacle Rival at 171g that I can throw flat and I can get some turn out of it. The lemonade yellow 168g Rival is just pure sweetness. It's gummier than the pink one and just glides like a beast when thrown flat. It doesn't have the sort of fade that just dumps left but instead it has an awesome forward fade that just keeps going for days. It's good if you want a skip after it hits the ground. Rivals love being thrown on a hyzer and they just follow the hyzer all the way without crashing.

The gummy sounds like the new Glows. Nice and high speed stable with a mild forward fade. If I weren't in the middle of a multi-year love affair with PDs, I could see Rivals taking my driver duties.

It doesn't sound anywhere near as beefy as my light blue firm, flat Pinnacles though. Those damn things don't have much glide and just want to go left.

legend rivals seem the beefiest to me, but I haven't thrown a glow one yet. In general Legend seems the beefiest at least with Rivals and Pats.

Has anyone broken an excel Rival in yet?
With the first throw... But seriously, it started out like a beat Icon (no HS turn, minimal fade), then after a couple rounds had noticeable turn. Now its hyzer flip to roller and the stamp is barely scratched. Feels great though! Protege would probably be a better idea...

Latest posts