• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] For the love of LEGACY

Just got a chance to throw a Pinnacle Patriot tonight for the first time. Two words:

HOLY SH1T!

tumblr_lximjexV0G1qkct0to1_500.jpg

Wanna know a secret?

Icons are better!

dgbm, facebook legacy collectors page, sometimes on the dgcr marketplace here.

All of their molds are more OS in Legend plastic for me. My fav is the Legend Patriot

Replaced my Zone with the Legend clozer, its beef.

This is one of those companies I've never gotten the urge to check out really. I don't know where I'd start, being pretty happy with my bag, but if you guys see a hole in the sig that a Legacy disc is screaming to fill shout it out.

What's the disc kind of like a Leopard? Patriot? Chainmonkey showed me one awhile back, nice feeling disc.

Grabbed two 168 gummy pearly pinnacle patriots and a 174 flat high plh pinnacle rival today.

They are definitely going in the bag.

This is one of those companies I've never gotten the urge to check out really. I don't know where I'd start, being pretty happy with my bag, but if you guys see a hole in the sig that a Legacy disc is screaming to fill shout it out.

What's the disc kind of like a Leopard? Patriot? Chainmonkey showed me one awhile back, nice feeling disc.

it's kind of like a leopard, yes. it's definitely faster though; not quite the super slow goodness until you really beat them in, at least the ones i threw. more like a bullet hyzerflip flight.

i have always wanted to try one of the lighter flat gummy pinnacle patriots, though. those ones feel too good in the hand, better than icon IMO. i'd say icon as a whole feels better than pinnacle though.

you'd be hard pressed to find many better wooded fairway drivers than the patriot.

You're looking for an Icon Patriot, not really a Leopard IMO, but i like it better.

And if you want something to go with your sword, the Outlaw. I used to bag a Sword for a while and it always seemed to not handle wind very well, also they develop some turnover quickly. If I still had a Sword in the bag and wanted something to go with that speed category but be better in the wind, more predictable for forehand throws and hyzer lines i would go Outlaw. Would make a great pair. The Outlaw would be less glidy and more stable for more control shots.

You're looking for an Icon Patriot, not really a Leopard IMO, but i like it better.

So ... if Icon Patriot is not really a Leopard is there room for both in the bag? What shots/flights favor the Patriot and which the Leopard?

I just bought an Icon Patriot and have thrown it with very good results. I love Leopards and carry from 3 to 4 of them (1 DX, 1 Pro, 1 Star, and sometimes a Champ). I like the Patriot but not sure yet if I like it enough to replace one or all of the Leopards. For reference, I'll throw a Leopard for shots of 275' (Star/Pro: woods, low-ceiling; DX: turnovers) to 300+' (Star: straight laser, anhyser with fade back; Pro: turnover, sweeping anhyser).

Sometimes I feel there are just way too many great discs available these days. The Icon Patriot is currently riding in the "4th Leopard slot". We'll see if it finds a permanent place. Interested to hear comments from other Leopard/Patriot throwers.

Last edited:
Whats everyone using as their driving putter? I just switched over from judges to the clutch, but the deepness of the clutch is making my driving putts go all over the place. Used a lucid judge for drives before. Not used to the depth of the clutch yet I guess.

it's kind of like a leopard, yes. it's definitely faster though; not quite the super slow goodness until you really beat them in, at least the ones i threw. more like a bullet hyzerflip flight.

i have always wanted to try one of the lighter flat gummy pinnacle patriots, though. those ones feel too good in the hand, better than icon IMO. i'd say icon as a whole feels better than pinnacle though.

you'd be hard pressed to find many better wooded fairway drivers than the patriot.
Patriot will probably be the pick if I run across one in a store. I'm not in love with that EL slot, I've got an old S-FD in there to compete with it currently.

And if you want something to go with your sword, the Outlaw. I used to bag a Sword for a while and it always seemed to not handle wind very well, also they develop some turnover quickly. If I still had a Sword in the bag and wanted something to go with that speed category but be better in the wind, more predictable for forehand throws and hyzer lines i would go Outlaw. Would make a great pair. The Outlaw would be less glidy and more stable for more control shots.
How's the rim on the Outlaw? The Sword is a bit of an anomaly for me in that being as fast as it is the rim feels alright in my little hands. It gets really iffy inside the speed 11-12 and up stuff.

Up until now, I bagged swords and giants. Since I got some outlaws, I put a pink in for the giant slot, blue for the workhorse, and kept my flippy sword. Great set up. Fwiw, I'm getting about 15 more feet with my outlaws than with giants and/or swords. Can't wait to see what kind of glide they get when beat...

Whats everyone using as their driving putter? I just switched over from judges to the clutch, but the deepness of the clutch is making my driving putts go all over the place. Used a lucid judge for drives before. Not used to the depth of the clutch yet I guess.

Icon Clutches are great driving putters. Switching from Glow Aviars to Clutches took a little time and beating in but you do get used to them after a bit.

How's the rim on the Outlaw? The Sword is a bit of an anomaly for me in that being as fast as it is the rim feels alright in my little hands. It gets really iffy inside the speed 11-12 and up stuff.

To me it feels ever so slightly bigger. After swords and giants for several months now, outlaw fit like a glove. It was like an old friend

LEGEND Clutch.. amazing driving putter!! if you dont want to go Legend since a lil more expensive .. Icon would work just fine .. Clozer or Clutch .. i like Protege Clutch as well but i like grippy, stiff plastic

So ... if Icon Patriot is not really a Leopard is there room for both in the bag? What shots/flights favor the Patriot and which the Leopard?

I just bought an Icon Patriot and have thrown it with very good results. I love Leopards and carry from 3 to 4 of them (1 DX, 1 Pro, 1 Star, and sometimes a Champ). I like the Patriot but not sure yet if I like it enough to replace one or all of the Leopards. For reference, I'll throw a Leopard for shots of 275' (Star/Pro: woods, low-ceiling; DX: turnovers) to 300+' (Star: straight laser, anhyser with fade back; Pro: turnover, sweeping anhyser).

Sometimes I feel there are just way too many great discs available these days. The Icon Patriot is currently riding in the "4th Leopard slot". We'll see if it finds a permanent place. Interested to hear comments from other Leopard/Patriot throwers.

I currently bag both. I use a beat Star Leopard for all of my slow, sweeping anhyzer kinda shots. This is especially useful for those lean out into fairway anhyzer forehands. The Icon Patriot for the rest; lazers, slight anyhyzers that finish flat, mashed hyzer-flips.

For me, Leopards display less LSS and are much easier to turn. It's currently taking forever to beatup my Icon Patriot into being flippy enough to completely replace my Leopard. But when they release a base plastic Patriot; that Leopard is gone.

Icon Clutches are my main driving putter now, very straight after they wear in a bit.. The clozer in premium plastic (i have it in Legend) is pretty beefy too, it replaced my Zone but im not sure how long it will stay that beefy.

Primary driving putter is a fresh Protege Clutch. I do carry an Icon Clutch, but only use it for sweeping hyzers. I prefer the feel of protege plastic.

I currently bag both. I use a beat Star Leopard for all of my slow, sweeping anhyzer kinda shots. This is especially useful for those lean out into fairway anhyzer forehands. The Icon Patriot for the rest; lazers, slight anyhyzers that finish flat, mashed hyzer-flips.

For me, Leopards display less LSS and are much easier to turn. It's currently taking forever to beatup my Icon Patriot into being flippy enough to completely replace my Leopard. But when they release a base plastic Patriot; that Leopard is gone.

Thanks for the info and comparisons. I'm a new fan of the Icon Patriot. It fits my game and throwing style very well. No reason it will not to make the bag except that I've been set on Leopards (3-4) and Teebirds (3) for fairways for some time.

I'll keep working it in the field and add it to the current lineup. Perhaps it might knock out my Star Leopard or beat-to-neutral champ Teebird. It seems like a solid disc.