• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] For the love of LEGACY

Protege beats in too fast also, would be nice to see a protege blend that is in between gravity and icon as far as durability. But i can't really think of a baseline blend out there that doesn't beat in after a couple rounds.

I see McBeth and other pros using more premium blends that last longer, and less baseline lately.. as of now i only have 1 gravity ghost thats flippy and then a seasoned icon thats straight to slightly OS and a Legend thats straight beef.

Does Legacy have a certain trend with their discs' colors as it relates to OS/US flights? Maybe a list of colors in order of stability? Assume ALL SAME WEIGHTS and MOLD for simplicity...or do people notice it changes between molds making it more complex?

I've only gotten a few throws of Legacy plastic but with the discs i have here's what i notice...in order of OS to US:

White
Red
Purple/Grape
Orange

Honestly, I think the color thing is a bit overhyped in terms of stability. My white Icon Patriots were flippier than any Patriot I'd thrown previously. My Orange Bandits were just about perfect to the flight numbers, and my white Mongooses are both more stable than my Bandits. I threw a White, Green, and Red Icon Outlaw and all three seemed to be pretty much the same.

anyone throwing a legend clutch? Just wondering how it compares to ICON.

I have two protoge's, and an icon clutch currently

I just got three Legend Clutches from Moose last week. This weekend is the inaugural flight as putters and driving putter. We'll see how they hold up and handle the wind.

anyone throwing a legend clutch? Just wondering how it compares to ICON.

I have two protoge's, and an icon clutch currently

I put a Legend in the bag for a few rounds and it was a touch more OS than my (lightly used at the time) Icon, but not enough to warrant replacing my icon for now, love that plastic.

The Clutch is an incredible approach/driver though, very predictable slow fade that's easy to control. I use it on almost all of my drives/approaches within 200'

Does Legacy have a certain trend with their discs' colors as it relates to OS/US flights? Maybe a list of colors in order of stability? Assume ALL SAME WEIGHTS and MOLD for simplicity...or do people notice it changes between molds making it more complex?

I've only gotten a few throws of Legacy plastic but with the discs i have here's what i notice...in order of OS to US:

White
Red
Purple/Grape
Orange

Depends on the mold and plastic lol, but within a plastic most colors are pretty consistent.. i notice most of the inconsistency in the high speed stuff, but even Outlaws, the most/lease OS ones i have are not THAT far apart. its like the difference between:

-1 HSS and 3 LSS (Icon Yellow 166g) least os
0 HSS and 3 LSS (Icon Red 175g or Legend Silver 175g) most os

I stick to blue (or the silver/light blue)

I know I am gonna catch hell for this, but my Icon Rival replaced teebirds for me. For whatever reason, I couldn't connect with the teebird and gain any consistency...

I know I am gonna catch hell for this, but my Icon Rival replaced teebirds for me. For whatever reason, I couldn't connect with the teebird and gain any consistency...

Exactly the same reason I'm hooked on Legacy. Welcome to the dark side!

U what get hated on in this thread :) ..I threw almost all old oop innova for years and Legacy has kicked it all from my bag

U what get hated on in this thread :) ..I threw almost all old oop innova for years and Legacy has kicked it all from my bag

Congrats on the ACE!! My last ace was with a Legend Clozer a few weeks ago.

No one hates on Legacy for a reason :)

I used to throw all Innova too, then i went over to mostly MVP for a couple years and then at the beginning of this year i tried some legacy at a local tournament (that they treated very well i might add) and I could not get enough of it, they were under my radar for too long.

My first Legacy disc was a Gravity Ghost, still have that same orange gravity ghost in the bag and after year 1 it has battle scars and beaten into the best understable mid-range i have ever owned :p Just threw a fresh white one into the bag to get started on for next year.

Would like to see a firebird-like or even a zone-like OS approach discs from legacy and their lineup would be 100% complete. Maybe by Spring time next year.

Last edited:
It's funny, but the Legacy fairways are the only Legacy discs that I just can't connect with. My Teebirds are my old reliables, and the Rival just never clicked as well for me. And my Leopard is a much more consistent flyer than any of the Patriots I've thrown. Everything else is slowly taking over though. The Outlaw is my workhorse wind fighting driver right now, and I'm throwing my rampage more an more for distance. I still have my best destroyer for all out bombs though. And the Gauge is gettin to be a do everything midrange. I throw the ghost for a fade, but the Gauge is taking shots away from it.

Are you throwing the more OS pinnacle gauges?

I find the Gauge to be useful for laser straight lines or super glidey high annys or hyzers and that's about all i use it for, easier than a ghost to throw straight. Everything else i use Ghosts in various plastics and stages of wear though. The gauge is one of those glidey comet-like discs that i find harder to range distances on.

I picked up a couple molds and have been really impressed. Patriot is an instant addition. I think the Ghost and Rival are close. I've got Gravity/ Pinnacle Ghost a flat Pinnacle Rival.

What are the beefiest Ghost and Rival?

Are you throwing the more OS pinnacle gauges?

I find the Gauge to be useful for laser straight lines or super glidey high annys or hyzers and that's about all i use it for, easier than a ghost to throw straight. Everything else i use Ghosts in various plastics and stages of wear though. The gauge is one of those glidey comet-like discs that i find harder to range distances on.

I'm throwin a Legacy stamp Legend Gauge. It definitely has a little flip to it if thrown hard and flat, but i can pretty much make it fly any line I release it on. I don't throw it into stronger headwids though. That's where the ghost is still my go to.

I picked up a couple molds and have been really impressed. Patriot is an instant addition. I think the Ghost and Rival are close. I've got Gravity/ Pinnacle Ghost a flat Pinnacle Rival.

What are the beefiest Ghost and Rival?

The flat Pinnacle and Legend Rivals are the beefiest. As for Ghosts, I'm hearing mostly Icon and Legend for beef.