• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] For the love of LEGACY

For sure a Protege Prowler, based on the profile of a ridge you would like it.

I think an Icon Outlaw for distance driver, a Rival for a teebird-ish straight to overstable fairway and a Patriot for straight to understable fairway, gauge for anny midrange shots, Protege Ghost for overstable midrange.

pretty much all you need ^^ you could even drop the gauge once you beat in a ghost.

maybe a bandit if you like flippy control driver shots

I cannot recommend the cannon ro rampage as i have seen too much inconsistency with them.

I'm actually under the same bag replacements, looking to go full legacy. Your setup sounds good, got a few questions though if you wouldn't mind. Why protege ghosts and not any of the other plastics?

Also concernd about the putters, I bought a Hunter in the gravity edition. I'm a push putter and it went all straight for putts and drives at first, then after a couple of treehits its gotte än understable.. Recommended plastics and legacy putters for drives and putting? :)

I'm actually under the same bag replacements, looking to go full legacy. Your setup sounds good, got a few questions though if you wouldn't mind. Why protege ghosts and not any of the other plastics?

Also concernd about the putters, I bought a Hunter in the gravity edition. I'm a push putter and it went all straight for putts and drives at first, then after a couple of treehits its gotte än understable.. Recommended plastics and legacy putters for drives and putting? :)

Protege ghosts because they start out nice and overstable and stay that way longer than any. The gravity ghosts are great as straight to turnover when they get beat in but i would prefer something that breaks in to that point MUCH slower.. which the new protege does.

I just like the new protege because it's so durable and doesn't fly different after a few tree hits, i like the feel of it too because it snaps out of my hand very smoothly even when wet/damp it works. All around a great plastic.

If you push putt try the Protege Prowler, its made for those of us that are push putters, its like a wizard or judge type of flight.. i was previously using the Hunter, which is also a good one but i prefer the bead because i used to putt with Ions also.. The protege prowler was finally the baseline Ion i wanted. :thmbup:

Okey! Sounds like protege is money then. But what about Icon? Isn't that the most durabile and grippiest? Prowlers sounds amazing, but I don't think they are out here in sweden yet :(

I don't think I'd agree with icon being the most grippiest. There is a pinnacle blend that is far and above more grippy. One of my favorites :thmbup:

Alright! Yeah, I think I misread the description for the Icon Edition. According to the website I order from, The Icon plastic is describes, quoting 'Our icon line has the most grip of all despite rainy conditions'. So I guess it doesn't have to provide extreme gripiness under dry circumstances.

In terms of durability then? I've heard that the Icon blend is supposed to be able to tackle the regular tree hits without being completely deformed, as with my gravity. Then again, I'm yet to feel a Icon Hunter.. :)

Icon is like star, Pinnacle is like champion... thats a VERY generalized statement as there are differences, but that's a way to look at it from a comparison point of view. They are both durable premium plastics.

Alright, then I'm definetely more of an icon fan following that generalization. I order a pinnicle Rival and an Icon patriot to get the feels of the plastics before I spend my 'money meant for university litterature' on plastic circular toys :D

Now I know what to expect!

If you get a flat Pinnacle Rival, those are nice and beefy. I also carry an Icon for more workable lines. Both versions of the Rival are great.

So. I picked up a 166g Orange Icon Mongoose awhile ago. When I first got it it flew like a laser beam from a slight hyzer and was rivaling my distance drivers. Now that I've used it for about a month or so I'm seeing it fly more like the numbers and it's become a nice turnover disc but it's getting harder to flip it up to a straight tunnel disc. I just picked up a 168g Red Icon Bandit thinking that it would be like my mongoose when it was new but it's quite a bit more stable. It doesn't flip up from any hyzer and thrown flat it has a very small turn but a hefty fade at the end. I'm new to Legacy so I would like to know if I got a weird Bandidt or if Icon stuff starts out a lot more stable and needs to get worked in in order to fly like the numbers? I'm really looking to find that hyzerflip to long straight flight kind of disc.
Thanks!

yeah the rival is a workhorse for me.. i carry :

flat pinnacle: workable
domey, pearly pinnacle: dependable fade
og gunmetal legend: the beeeefff

prob throw my patriots a bit more but i play in the woods so i need that lil flippyness

pinnacle patriot : amazing do it all mold
icon patriot : more understable and true to the flight ratings.. she has some turn
legend patriot : right in the middle

FWIW all around 168g

I took all my drivers out for the last month to work on getting these out a bit further and have been loving it! Prob work the Outlaw/Bandit/Mongoose back in soon but enjoying the "slow" stuff lol

Last edited:
Mine are great. I have 2 second runs, extremely firm and very pearly. Fly great. And that firm blend of pinnacle not only looks the best but is the most durable too.

I think i dont need them anymore because i have my blue protege ghosts

So, from what I understand the Protege Ghost has a bit of dome, but right now I'm throwing flatter mids (Champ Roc3 and McPro Roc3). Have there been any flatter Ghosts produced or do you think they might make a run like that? I just like the slightly faster flight of the flatter discs. Also, someone mentioned that these came out a little softer than they wanted. Any word on when a stiffer 2nd run of protege will be coming out?

So, from what I understand the Protege Ghost has a bit of dome, but right now I'm throwing flatter mids (Champ Roc3 and McPro Roc3). Have there been any flatter Ghosts produced or do you think they might make a run like that? I just like the slightly faster flight of the flatter discs. Also, someone mentioned that these came out a little softer than they wanted. Any word on when a stiffer 2nd run of protege will be coming out?

There are Gravity ghosts that are really flat and fast (for a ghost) but gravity is soft and breaks in very quickly but it has amazing grip. The Gravity also starts out of the box with much straighter flight and obviously less glide than the domey protege/icon/pinnacle/legend/excel/etc. :thmbup:

I keep one in the bag for high anny lines that hold forever and slow turnovers all the way to the end... although i just lost mine a while back and havnt put another one back in, so thanks for reminding me to do that today :D

I added a couple new Rampages to my tourney bag and I must say they performed well this weekend. I've been seasoning a blue "Lion" pinnacle that worked its way into the starting lineup over the last two years. I complimented it a couple weeks ago with a fresh production orange pinnacle that will hold a line into a moderate headwind or will hold a hyzer just short of 400' with a healthy fade at my power. I parked a nice flick hyzer with that fresh pinnacle and pulled it out to stay well away from an OB road.

This weekends tourney had a distance component as well so after a couple days distance driver fieldwork tryouts I decided on a seasoned burnt orange icon for hyzer flip go far. Unfortunately, my best of two drives didn't flip, was a touch high, and probably my worst Rampage shots of the weekend hyzering out at 375'. I did boom a 450' turnover with the burnt orange into a very slight headwind.

I'm surprised how easily and comfortable it felt moving through the three depending on the wind.

I really hope they release a production run of the enemy soon but they're gonna be doing special runs for like 3 months like every other release.

Latest posts