• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] For the love of LEGACY

What type/color outlaw should I be looking for if I want to replace my pop top McBeth star destroyer? I like the disc but it's almost too overstable even for what I want it for - and I've been looking for a reason to get an outlaw in the bag anyway.

if you want beefy i would go legend.. gunmetal are really beefy. The Icon can bomb! I know people like the yellow and blues. I dont have the arm to really enjoy them so hard for me to say what may work best for you. I throw a 168 Merlot FR Icon and my buddy who has a big arm said it was like his echo star destroyer.. My FR Pinnacle is beefier.. not stupid beefy but more so than the Icon ..

I've got an Outlaw that came with last year's 6-disc St. Jude set. Looks and feels just like Gstar. What plastic is that?

Awesome, thank you. Yep it's purple.

Any idea what plastic the white Prodigy M2 is from the same set?

Sorry, not sure. I remember liking the feel of it and thinking I should try this out in this plastic and then I never got around to it.

I recently started to get back into Legacy and bought a bunch of molds to test out and VERY happy with how everything flew. I'm excited to see how far I can get a Cannon when the winter rust gets shaken off my arm, but my go-to's earlier today were Rivals, Outlaws, Ghosts, and Gagues. So much good stuff.

if you want beefy i would go legend

I agree with this up to a point - 1) I have a blue legend outlaw that was STUPID beef.. for awhile... then magically one day it became very flippy, to where now I use it for huge annies and hyzer flips... But still, this is an amazing disc and will not leave my bag.

Green slime legend though... super understable. Especially the original battle of aces phenoms.

Also, as for molds, rival, patriot, outlaw = MONEY!!!
I also always carry at least 1-2 cannons or rampages, but not usually both at the same time. Clozers are for SURE my putter (though I'm gonna try some Judges soon to see how DD compares).

I've basically unbagged my gauges and ghosts though. I just feel like other companies make slightly more dependable mids. Sorry Legacy. Love you guys.

I'm getting more and more on board with Legacy discs, but I'm having some trouble with the mids....I can get my Ghost and Gague to fly correctly sometimes (usually powered down), but when I throw hard, they flutter over to the right (RHBH). It could be form, but I don't have any problems with other straight-US discs from other manufacturers. Are they more finesse mids? or should I just re-evaluate my form?

You should reevaluate your form. It might be due to the slightly deeper rim of the ghost or because you're unconsciously releasing with some anhyzer. check your pinky.

Pinnacle Ghosts were like beefy Rocs for me. (All I had were the first runs in translucent pinnacle.) Definitely meaty enough to compensate for any OAT. I'd say your getting a combo of OAT and anny release. What plastic are your Ghosts in?

I think the Gauge is great for low power shots. Just keep throwing that one powered down.

Aqua pinnacle ghosts or the new puddle top pinnacle ghosts are the most stable for me. Gun metals are nice too but are just a tick less stable than aquas

Pinnacle Ghosts were like beefy Rocs for me. (All I had were the first runs in translucent pinnacle.) Definitely meaty enough to compensate for any OAT. I'd say your getting a combo of OAT and anny release. What plastic are your Ghosts in?

I think the Gauge is great for low power shots. Just keep throwing that one powered down.

It's a Pinn, 175g. I'm thinking it's part form, part deeper rim. As for the Gauge, I'll try powering it down a bit and let the disc do the work. Thanks everyone for the advice.

Legacy announced their next disc on Facebook today. Another high speed driver. I'll likely pass on this one.

Attachments

• Aftermath.jpg
    Aftermath.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 42
Probably something right up there other high speed neutral drivers that seem to be popping up left and right.
13/5/-1/2

Legacy is still a thing? Neat.

It is for me.

I bag 3-7 Outlaws in a cycle and a pair of Rivals, one Legend (grippy swirly star-like) and one Pinnacle (grippy swirly Champ-like). The Rivals fly so much like Teebirds that I include them in my Teebird cycle.

Fairways least to most stable:
5/10 CE QJLS
7/10 CE QJLS
5/10 Legend Rival
5/10 11x KCPro TB
6/10 Pinnacle "Wings" FR Rival
6/10 11x KCPro TB
7/10 FR Brinster tour TB