• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] For the love of LEGACY

So at least Infinitediscs has Recons in stock. Anybody ordered and thrown the disc yet? Recon is listed at 13/5/-1/3, putting it into Boss category, but like with Innova, speed 12 SDs seem to be the more OS than Bosses in general, could there be a similar case here with Outlaws vs Recons? One review on Infinitediscs seems to put the Recon into Enforcer category.

Recon is.... interesting..

I don't think the numbers are accurate.

I have a legend and an icon. My icon is super flippy at the start, and turns a ton, but if it's still going it just dunks at the end.

My legend is more stable at the very least.

My aftermath, as comparison, hardly turns at all. So, the icon recon has more turn than the icon aftermath sometimes, despite the numbers. I've heard mixed responses from others, some people have flippy recons, some have super stable ones.

The two icon aftermaths I've thrown needed a tailwind, height and room to work, or a fairly steep hyzer to flip up a turnover golf line. The were fast and easy distance for slower arms but squirrely much over 300' into mild headwinds like a faster Mongoose.

Well just played a few rounds with the Legacy discs I just bought.

I bought:
175 Gravity Prowler
175 Protégé Prowler
180 Protégé Ghost
167 Pinnacle Patriot
167 Pinnacle Rival
167 Icon Bandit

Prowler: I love the gravity prowler's feel. Dear god, it's the feeling I've wanted in a putter but Innova seemed to not get it right ever. I used to like JK aviars before rpro plastic became a thing, but I wanted them slightly stiffer. Yeti pros were closer but too tacky. This works amazing, but I don't know if I'm sold on the Prowler, I should have probably bought some Clozers as well to try which I felt better at, but no stores stock Legacy in person. My protégé is a clone of my KC aviars, very slick and cheap feeling. I wish it was my older KC pro Roc multi-purpose chaulky type KC, but can't win em all. The middle of my disc is a pop top but only on the most inner 2 inches. Haven't dialed in driving this disc yet, just goes straight on me up to 180-190 ft which is about my max putter distance.

Ghost: Better protégé feel than the prowler, no clue when it was run to have an idea, but much less slick. I nailed a tree about 40 feet away on a full rip and can't tell on disc where I hit it, so I'm going to guess this will be a durable sucker. I have an Excel at home that I need to get next visit so I can beat something in to be understable because the protégé doesn't turn unless I throw a bad anny line on purpose. This disc right now feels dependable and that I can count on it. Throwing about 210-250 with it.

Patriot/Rival: Pinnacle plastic is gummy and opaque. I couldn't have asked for a better run to get. Both are board flat and overstable for me right now. I need to beat the Patriot in quite a bit just to hope I see how it should fly. I should probably artificially beat it in just to get some turn going. I'm not throwing far enough these days so only going somewhere short of 280 ft. The patriot will s-curve on me when thrown anny and has coasted to 300 ft, and I'd prefer some dome to help my distance out.

Bandit: Unthrown yet, won't be able to see anything out of this until the Patriot gets more distance.

I'm very happy I grabbed a Legacy set of discs, very confused why Innova doesn't match the Gravity/Pinnacle plastic at all with their runs. The Icon bandit feels just like a brand new Star Teebird3 I grabbed with the "grippy" star plastic. No complaints on that.

Well just played a few rounds with the Legacy discs I just bought.

I bought:
175 Gravity Prowler
175 Protégé Prowler
180 Protégé Ghost
167 Pinnacle Patriot
167 Pinnacle Rival
167 Icon Bandit

Prowler: I love the gravity prowler's feel. Dear god, it's the feeling I've wanted in a putter but Innova seemed to not get it right ever. I used to like JK aviars before rpro plastic became a thing, but I wanted them slightly stiffer. Yeti pros were closer but too tacky. This works amazing, but I don't know if I'm sold on the Prowler, I should have probably bought some Clozers as well to try which I felt better at, but no stores stock Legacy in person. My protégé is a clone of my KC aviars, very slick and cheap feeling. I wish it was my older KC pro Roc multi-purpose chaulky type KC, but can't win em all. The middle of my disc is a pop top but only on the most inner 2 inches. Haven't dialed in driving this disc yet, just goes straight on me up to 180-190 ft which is about my max putter distance.

Ghost: Better protégé feel than the prowler, no clue when it was run to have an idea, but much less slick. I nailed a tree about 40 feet away on a full rip and can't tell on disc where I hit it, so I'm going to guess this will be a durable sucker. I have an Excel at home that I need to get next visit so I can beat something in to be understable because the protégé doesn't turn unless I throw a bad anny line on purpose. This disc right now feels dependable and that I can count on it. Throwing about 210-250 with it.

Patriot/Rival: Pinnacle plastic is gummy and opaque. I couldn't have asked for a better run to get. Both are board flat and overstable for me right now. I need to beat the Patriot in quite a bit just to hope I see how it should fly. I should probably artificially beat it in just to get some turn going. I'm not throwing far enough these days so only going somewhere short of 280 ft. The patriot will s-curve on me when thrown anny and has coasted to 300 ft, and I'd prefer some dome to help my distance out.

Bandit: Unthrown yet, won't be able to see anything out of this until the Patriot gets more distance.

I'm very happy I grabbed a Legacy set of discs, very confused why Innova doesn't match the Gravity/Pinnacle plastic at all with their runs. The Icon bandit feels just like a brand new Star Teebird3 I grabbed with the "grippy" star plastic. No complaints on that.

Nice write-up:thmbup:

Clozers have a bead so they should be closer to your wizards but feel a little lower profile.

It may take a while to break in your Pinnacle Patriot so you might as well throw that Bandit too. The Bandit maybe more of a s-curve distance driver than the straight line without fade a well seasoned Patriot will become. I'm guessing your icon bandit will fall somewhere between your Roadrunner and Wraith stability wise. The Bandit might fill a possible max D and tailwind slot at average arm speeds. I find them 10-15% longer than my Patriots but need room to turn or hyzer-flip.

If your want a Patriot distance disc with more turn at fairway driver from Legacy, I'd suggest getting a Phenom. It's billed as a longer Patriot a la less stable, more glide.
Teebird=Rival; TL=Patriot; Leo=Phenom; Roadrunner=Mongoose

Nice write-up:thmbup:

Clozers have a bead so they should be closer to your wizards but feel a little lower profile.

It may take a while to break in your Pinnacle Patriot so you might as well throw that Bandit too. The Bandit maybe more of a s-curve distance driver than the straight line without fade a well seasoned Patriot will become. I'm guessing your icon bandit will fall somewhere between your Roadrunner and Wraith stability wise. The Bandit might fill a possible max D and tailwind slot at average arm speeds. I find them 10-15% longer than my Patriots but need room to turn or hyzer-flip.

If your want a Patriot distance disc with more turn at fairway driver from Legacy, I'd suggest getting a Phenom. It's billed as a longer Patriot a la less stable, more glide.
Teebird=Rival; TL=Patriot; Leo=Phenom; Roadrunner=Mongoose

Huh, weird! I grabbed the Patriot because I thought it was a Leopard replacement. I'll have to find a Phenom then as well to toss. Still haven't thrown the Bandit just due to courses we've been playing which are short. Getting some good love going on the Gravity Prowler. Protégé is still being grabbed for driving, but with some disgust every time. I think I'll grab my Star TL and bring it and throw same drives as the one with my Patriot to compare some. For what it's worth, I don't have the arm for my roadrunner or wraith - but I pretend I should be carrying them.

The Patriot is faster than a Leopard. The Phenom is even faster than the Patriot. Phenom/Leopard are not really comparable IMO because the Phenom will be significantly faster and have a wider rim.

Patriot is still the closest disc in the Legacy lineup to a Leopard. Flight will depend on plastic and weight. Pinnacle Patriots in the mid 160's will be pretty flippy.

Edit: if a 167 Pinn Patriot is not understable enough for you, Mongoose is probably your only option. Every Mongoose is not "Roadrunner" flippy. I have a test drive Pinnacle Mongoose that is more overstable than most Patriots.

Last edited:
I would flip it to suggest that the TL is closer to the Phenom than the Patriot. The rim of the Phenom is distinctly "un-Leopard-y."

I have a few First Run Phenoms and I actually am not 100% sold on what I should use them for besides TL-type shots, which are not my specialty.

As with all disc experiences, you may very well disagree!

Since I am writing, does anyone have anything conclusive about the THREE discs approved by the PDGA (I know about the Recon and the Pursuit, but all I can discern about the "V" disc(? name) is that some say it's OS and others suggest it is US).

I like Legacy Pinnacle plastic so much these days...

Thanks all!

Yeah, the grip on the legacy plastic seems like their niche. And I was so tired of the slickness of some of innova's plastic it was such a big breath of fresh air.

Because of that they were well represented in my bag during the cooler months this year when grip was paramount in the cold and or moist air of seasons changing.

Huh, weird! I grabbed the Patriot because I thought it was a Leopard replacement. I'll have to find a Phenom then as well to toss. Still haven't thrown the Bandit just due to courses we've been playing which are short. Getting some good love going on the Gravity Prowler. Protégé is still being grabbed for driving, but with some disgust every time. I think I'll grab my Star TL and bring it and throw same drives as the one with my Patriot to compare some. For what it's worth, I don't have the arm for my roadrunner or wraith - but I pretend I should be carrying them.

If Roadrunners are too much for your arm speed you might look into the Icon Nemesis 10/6/-4/2 for even more turn than the Phenom 8/5/-1/2. The Nemesis has a slightly wider rim but its flippy enough for a 300' thrower to get it up to speed.

Can someone help identify a disc. Pretty sure its a gauge, but confused about the plastic type. The bottom is marked:

Lg
gge or ggc

Can someone help identify a disc. Pretty sure its a gauge, but confused about the plastic type. The bottom is marked:

Lg
gge or ggc

I am now thinking Lg is legend plastic, correct? It feels great, I only see icon and pinnacle in stores near me.

I started throwing my phenom more and more (kind of a noodle arm, like 330' max) and this thing is awesome. On anhyzer it holds and it forever. Hyzer it'll flip and I actually got my farthest throw ever with it in a mild headwind, hyzer flip, about 360'. Flat it'll turn over and come back all the way way for a beautiful s curve. I'm using a glow pinnacle. If you haven't picked one up, do so.

I started throwing my phenom more and more (kind of a noodle arm, like 330' max) and this thing is awesome. On anhyzer it holds and it forever. Hyzer it'll flip and I actually got my farthest throw ever with it in a mild headwind, hyzer flip, about 360'. Flat it'll turn over and come back all the way way for a beautiful s curve. I'm using a glow pinnacle. If you haven't picked one up, do so.

I've got a glow phenom, and its a decent shot to get 360':thmbup:

Mine was a little seasoned when I got it and currently overlaps my well seasoned QJLS. It's still a little bit more HSS than my seasoned Champ Roadrunner but the Phenom has a tick less glide which makes it more workable and 5-10% shorter. Nice mold, especially in the woods. May make my winter bag, then who knows... the same way two Rivals now own my current bag.

Latest posts