• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

I came here to ask about the value of the same Teebird Jay dub posted. AFAF. Also Jay Dub gave me a 150 TB that is fun as hell to throw, Thanks bro!

I came here to ask about the value of the same Teebird Jay dub posted. AFAF. Also Jay Dub gave me a 150 TB that is fun as hell to throw, Thanks bro!

I've seen them on eBay listed for 30-40 but I'd reckon they are worth more like 20-25 to your average player. Never seen a pro (other than Brinster) use one to make it popular.

Can anyone compare the Brinster teebirds to the current luster teebirds? I have a couple tournament stamped ones that are fairly beefy but have never thrown a Brinster.

So I started playing again after a couple year break from the sport and I dug up my old discs.

I have a tie dyed twelve-time Champion Teebird. Can someone please enlighten this poor ignorant fool on the differences between the 11x, 12x, and twelve-time Teebirds? Particularly the last one, since that's what I have.

I'm finding lately that Metal Flake Teebirds are the perfect Teebird for me. They're quite stable, more so than my Champion and Star Teebirds. Oddly enough, I find them grippier too, I figured they'd be the same as Champion when I picked them up.

They're a good example of having a stable disc with glide. I don't need to worry about them not fading hard enough on certain shots like I did with my Star birds, or not having enough glide to get out there like with a fresh Champion. I do play with lots of wind, usually, so experience may vary.

Anyway, I think Metal Flake T'birds will be kicking out my Champion birds for this year.

I was ordering a calendar from the Proshop anyway, so I went ahead and got a Jennifer Allen Color Glow Teebird. It only came in max weight, but that's okay for my purpose for the disc, and it helps out Jennifer Allen. It looks good (blue), nice stamp, and will feel very nice in the hand when the mild flashing gets worn down with use.

I got it with the expectation that it would be more overstable than most Teebirds, and it is. The max wt. and the plastic contribute to that, and it when I threw it today at the range it definitely has a healthy fade after a good, relatively long flight.

So now the Jen Allen Teebird is competing with the Exodus and my lighter weight Champion Banshee for the overstable fairway driver spot in the bag. I'm going to give it a few rounds and see how it goes.

So now the Jen Allen Teebird is competing with the Exodus and my lighter weight Champion Banshee for the overstable fairway driver spot in the bag. I'm going to give it a few rounds and see how it goes.

IMO if you like the Teebird similar to one of the others...then bag that because a beat in Teebird is amazing. Then you can always put in the Banshee or something that will stay OS back in the bag afterward, and you'll have a sweet spot Teebird too.

IMO if you like the Teebird similar to one of the others...then bag that because a beat in Teebird is amazing. Then you can always put in the Banshee or something that will stay OS back in the bag afterward, and you'll have a sweet spot Teebird too.

That's a point. I've always used the TL instead of the Teebird (I tried a couple of Star Teebirds a few years ago, and the TLs always just worked better for me). And I don't know how long the color glow discs will take to season in, and since I don't use the OS discs in my bag all that much, it may be a long, long time before the J.A. Teebird significantly wears in. As usual, it'll be fun finding out.

I was tossing a 12x Nybo over the weekend. I really like the flight. I have an older star teebird that has a touch of turn when throwing 350+. This one was a little more stable than that. Granted, there was ten inches of snow and it had a ribbon on it.

Can anyone compare the Brinster teebirds to the current luster teebirds? I have a couple tournament stamped ones that are fairly beefy but have never thrown a Brinster.

Brinster Teebirds were designed to have pro-level stability. Steve asked Innova to create something that would hold up to some torque and fight the wind. Even my Brinster 'Bird that has been in the bag for years still comes back with a predictable fade. I really like mine for big hyzers, flex shots, and headwind shots.

The Luster 'Birds I've thrown have had a touch more glide & turn but still have the trusty fade I'm used to. I like mine for straight shots or mellow hyzers. I can't speak on the durability but my ultility disc (a Luster Firebird) has held up nicely since I tried it out late last year. I've thrown that particular disc a ton recently for rollers, overhands, and plenty of woods golf. Even after the abuse, Luster plastic shows very little sign of wear and the flight remains the same..

DGU has pearly champ Teebirds in stock. I'm exercising all of my restraint trying to not buy 5.

Great. Now I'm trying to not buy a stack of E* Spiders...a mold I haven't bagged in quite some time:wall:

Also, I'll just leave these here:
V5OGPmZ.jpg

9hUKfjd.jpg

KwWl8rL.jpg

Accepting offers:D No but seriously the pictures don't even do them justice. SO purrty. Fairly firm with a slight flex, slight shoulder and flat tops, all same weight and PLH. Yes please.

How's everybody liking the '19 Nybo? I'm really loving mine so far, played two rounds with it in a three-disc bag and love how it has a true glide of 5 but had some nice HSS to take a full drive and a hard fade. Farthest throw has been 345' and it still faded in a good amount.

I saw someone talking about a new run of pro teebirds, does anyone know anything about if that's true? If they're worth a damn? I love pro plastic and would much rather bag a pro teebird than a dx or star.

Latest posts