• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

So how many people out there carry more than 3 Bird's in their bag? I've been collecting over the winter because I want to throw them - not just look at them. I feel like I could throw in 4 and have a use for all of them in various plastic and condition. Unnecessary?

Definitely not unnecessary.

Brinster
Flat Champystar
Domey Star
Twelve time, beat
DX Teebird

I carry a few DX's in various states of wear, and now a couple of gstars. I use the beat ones for almost any fairway shot near water and all straight to turnover shots in the open (leopard for tighter areas and woods). I use fresher ones and now the gstar for when I need the most distance and control.

The past 2 years I carried an early 12x that was my primary distance driver. I just swapped it out for the gstar and I think it will stay out. My absolute favorite Teebirds were the old board-flat DX and 10x KC Pro's because they flip up perfect for me every time but are stable enough not to burn to the right hard. I have rarely gotten a newer DX to this point without it getting too understable soon after, but the Gstar at 173 is flying exactly like my last 169 10x that is isn't beat to death. As long as it holds close to where it is after the sharp flashing is worn I will be happy. The other GS in my bag is 5 grams lighter and mainly used for left-hand and flick shots where I want more flex available at lower speed.

Carrying a few of the same mold is never bad in my opinion. As long as you know what disc does what. I have improved my game massively by cutting down on the discs I carry and learning my favorites, but over time I am learning even more discs so I know where they can go in-between what I have, or if they should just be a backup. I usually only carry any "backups" when I am playing a new course, a water course, or a tournament.

I only have one TB in the bag, but it is a sweet marbled/swirly blue/light blue 12x champ that I bought for 8 bones used. I have no idea why someone would have ditched it because it is broken in perfectly. I just ordered some AJ *TBs because those things are awesome. They really handle a lot of torque. The first time I threw one (my buddy's), I bombed it about 430ft. Needless to say, I was in love.

I lost my extra-clear pink champ TB in a pond. I am going to build a lake rake asap, because I want it back badly.

I carry one white Star 'bird that refuses to be squeezed out of my bag - the Leopard has eaten up all of it's understable duties, the PD does the straight with beefy fade routine along with power/sweeping hyzers, so the Teebird slides perfectly between them, fights wind better and a little more D than the Leopard with less fade (more control) than the PD and a little less distance. I feel like I'm able to hit every line I want between the Leopard and PD with one Teebird.

I carry a new Jolly Launcher orange Teebird, 2 11x Teebirds one is CA one is CAL tooled.

I would like too know which people prefer, Jenkins or Brinster Teebirds? Or may its Val TL's?

My Patriots compliment the teebirds nicely

I carry 5 lol. 168 S-TB for turnovers, 168 Star for straight or slightly right finishing shots, 175 Star for dead straight stuff, 175 Champ for straight to fade and a 175 JL that is for headwinds.

I carry a new Jolly Launcher orange Teebird, 2 11x Teebirds one is CA one is CAL tooled.

I would like too know which people prefer, Jenkins or Brinster Teebirds? Or may its Val TL's?

My Patriots compliment the teebirds nicely

the brinster

but they are different enough to carry both

I bag 4. Beat and seasoned DX, Freshish new stamp e star, and a JL Champ. Probably going to drop the seasoned DX and force myself to beat the e star. The JL is my primary FH disc and is a thing of beauty in the wind.

Anything longer or needing more fade and I step up to my PDs or Firebird. More turn and it's a beat Comet or FH.

I bag 4. Beat and seasoned DX, Freshish new stamp e star, and a JL Champ. Probably going to drop the seasoned DX and force myself to beat the e star. The JL is my primary FH disc and is a thing of beauty in the wind.

Anything longer or needing more fade and I step up to my PDs or Firebird. More turn and it's a beat Comet or FH.

That's awesome you forehand a jl. I have been flicking my teebirds quite a bit lately. If the jl is a bit more stable, like I have been hearing it would be a great addition to my army of teebirds.

I have been using the teebird for tommy shots too, it works great.

So how many people out there carry more than 3 Bird's in their bag? I've been collecting over the winter because I want to throw them - not just look at them. I feel like I could throw in 4 and have a use for all of them in various plastic and condition. Unnecessary?

175g 12x Champ - My "into the wind" straight with fade driver
166g Star - for "just a little headwind" or when I want more fade/skip than my 150 below
150g Star - Straight, no fade, no skip and max distance (no wind or downwind)
168g DX - Slightly worn in and goes steadily right when thrown flat

Definitely not unnecessary! These discs comprise the bulk of my driving and long hole fairway game.

Jolly Launcher Orange 175g- Most Stable-Overstable Bird
Yellow 176g 11x CA tooled- The "Perfect" Bird
Yellow 11x 170g CAL tooled- Hyzer Flip Bird

I just tried out my 170g Champ Teebird today, and wow is it overstable. How quickly can I expect this thing to break in? I feel like it wants to wants to hyzer and that's it.

It feels really comfortable in my grip. I dunno, maybe I never just got off a clean drive.

I just tried out my 170g Champ Teebird today, and wow is it overstable. How quickly can I expect this thing to break in? I feel like it wants to wants to hyzer and that's it.

It feels really comfortable in my grip. I dunno, maybe I never just got off a clean drive.

How far are you throwing them? The newest runs of Teebirds are pretty beefy for those throwing under 300ft with them.

Is it a 12x?

Does it flip flat for you, or perhaps turn even more? Cause you say it is overstable, but does that mean it never turns for you at all? Even a brand new teebird should turn a bit and just fade back really hard. After a few months of usage, I am able to get my teebirds to turn more and more. The fade doesn't really go away for a while though....

New Champ Teebirds shouldn't be turning on a clean hyzer/flat release. Sounds like the OAT monster or maybe you throw 600 feet, if it's the latter then ignore the OAT question.

This

Birds never turn for me when new and champs take forever to beat to that point.

How far are you throwing them? The newest runs of Teebirds are pretty beefy for those throwing under 300ft with them.

I'm probably right around 300', and it is a 12x, yeah.

I have a slightly beat-in 175g Star Teebird, and the champ seems to throw way more overstable.

Last edited:

Latest posts