• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

Just picked up a yellow 171g Echo Star Teebird, the new ones with the totem stamp. I was surprised because the whole stack at the shop were all pretty flat, and love the flight as well. Not a fan of domey teebirds!

i got a red one of these from a PIF. nice disc. it flies a lot like my g* did out of the box.

i don't have a g* tb in the bag. my g* destroyer seems to be seasoning as fast as my pro destroyers. i don't know if that just because it was too windy last night at doubles but it already starting to flip.

Ive thrown my G* Teebird a fair amount of times (with some good tree hits) and it is beginning to take the same flight as my Lucid Escape. Little Turn, but still stable

I picked up a sexy blue champ bird today with a red shatter stamp. I figured since I already have several dx birds the gstar can wait.

Did NOT expect it to be so belligerent. I'm naming it honey badger. It truly does not care. It will go straight and then it will fade and no matter how hard you try to throw it that's all it's going to do even in some of the nasty wind we had today. Reminded me of the Banshee with a longer, more forward fade.

Hopefully soon I'll have some cash coming in and I can snag an EchoStar I've had my eye on at the shop lately.

i don't have a g* tb in the bag. my g* destroyer seems to be seasoning as fast as my pro destroyers. i don't know if that just because it was too windy last night at doubles but it already starting to flip.

Ive thrown my G* Teebird a fair amount of times (with some good tree hits) and it is beginning to take the same flight as my Lucid Escape. Little Turn, but still stable

^^ That's interesting guys! Neither my GStar Destroyer or TB have lost any stability yet, and they've been in the bag now for a month or so. Both are my first reach for DD/FW, and have taken a pounding.

Pro Destroyers are unthrowably flippy out of the box for me too...

after more testing, my champ teebird has more stability than one of my HPP blazes and is equal to the other. it could kick it out if i were willing to let it, but i like the slower flight of the blaze. we'll see.

as far as fairways goes, other than the blaze, the teebird is all i need. good show. the dx teebird is the longest disc in my bag right now until my elite x force breaks in more. it's longer than my OLFs by a good long way. if there isn't much wind, that's what gets thrown. dx teebird basically every time.

i see now why there are so many teebird fanatics, but i'm very surprised there aren't more who throw DX. from my limited experience, the DX is what sets it apart from everything else. i could get by with many other discs in premium plastic as long as i had a dx teebird.

They don't last for me and are brutal into the wind. I'd rather have a seasoned star.

i see now why there are so many teebird fanatics, but i'm very surprised there aren't more who throw DX. from my limited experience, the DX is what sets it apart from everything else. i could get by with many other discs in premium plastic as long as i had a dx teebird.

I think a lot of people stay away because of the "one hit and done" mentality that accompanies DX. It really is a great plastic for the TeeBird.

I've been using a 175 DX Teebird for turnover shots but I feel it's getting a little bit too understable. I'm not sure whether I should just buy a new one or try to pair it up with a more understable mold..

I've been using a 175 DX Teebird for turnover shots but I feel it's getting a little bit too understable. I'm not sure whether I should just buy a new one or try to pair it up with a more understable mold..

See if you can bend that sucker back into shape. If you can't, then throw a fresh one in there.

I full expect my lineup to look like this:

Fresh dx
Beat dx
Gstar/EchoStar/star whatever works best in the slightly wind resistant role.
Champ

Thanks for the tip. It's not bent or anything but I'll see if I can do some tuning, never done it before. Seasoned DX feels great so I might just get another one in DX. If I remember correct they're really straight with not a lot of fade when fresh. I would like them to start out with a little more stability. Oh I wish Innova would make some KC pro Teebirds.. I mean current KC pro blend used for Aviars and Rocs.

What would be a good replacement for a beat (can be thrown on an anhyzer but wont roll, flies with turn and a mild fade when thrown flat) CE Teebird T. I fear the Ce bird may be nearing the end of it's life.

snagged a gstar teebird.

yup. good stuff. i was having fun throwing it today, we had a pretty decent tailwind so i threw it on some flex lines for distance. it actually skidded underneath my dx teebird.

looks like i owe myself a beer.

I should play..
Top row Dx TB
Middle row Champs, middle is my first ever 150, an 11x, 2 on the outside of it are GUMMY
Bottom row Stars
All 150 class, the 2 gummy Champs are some of the softest and gummiest I have ever held, great for in the winter.

Attachments

• DSC00289.jpg
    DSC00289.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 38
snagged a gstar teebird.

yup. good stuff. i was having fun throwing it today, we had a pretty decent tailwind so i threw it on some flex lines for distance. it actually skidded underneath my dx teebird.

looks like i owe myself a beer.

Glad to see you finally tried one. I always thought they'd probably make a nice, always like-new DX complement for you.

Glad to see you finally tried one. I always thought they'd probably make a nice, always like-new DX complement for you.

yeah, it's just a titch more stable, but you were definitely right on the money. solid advice. it's going to be the perfect fairway driver for me here in the woods and it still flies pretty darn far too. i don't mind cycling through DX though; i'm still going to keep a fresh DX and a seasoned one. i like the extra glide on the dx but the gstar isn't far behind at all.