• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

friendly league ?

PCDG13

Par Member
A bunch of us (10-12 people, all pretty good friends) decided to start a league this year. I kind of set it up as a facebook group with all the rules and such and keep track of all the scores on excel.

Everything is going good and no one has any issues but just thought I'd ask your opinion on something. We set the league games up for 6pm on Thursdays, the issue is that a bunch of us work shift work and can't make it out on Thursday nights so we allow make up rounds throughout the week as long as there is another person in the league present as a witness. The potential issue is that some people may not play on Thursdays at 6pm and rather make it up another time if it's windy or not ideal playing conditions.

So finally, my question is..Should we just keep it the way it is and let people play whenever they want or should we limit rounds to only Thursdays (anytime through out the day if you can't make it to the 6pm round)?

If it's just for fun between friends, who cares when you play?

Get a set of tags and just play for tags anytime you play with someone else from the league. Have Thursdays as your regular meet and play for tags time, but there seems to be no reason to require anyone to play at that time.

^I wasn't sure if it was close enough because of singles versus doubles and fun versus cash. Also, the search function wouldn't have gotten the OP to that thread.

Either way I was just trying to be helpful.

^I wasn't sure if it was close enough because of singles versus doubles and fun versus cash. Also, the search function wouldn't have gotten the OP to that thread.

Either way I was just trying to be helpful.

i'm just givin you chit...ppl take their DCGR etiquette to seriously sometimes...

Seems like the best way to deal with it is to have the 12 people in the league vote on it since that is who it affects, I guess it's good to get opinions of people on the message board but really it comes down to whatever everyone in your group thinks.

Seems like the best way to deal with it is to have the 12 people in the league vote on it since that is who it affects, I guess it's good to get opinions of people on the message board but really it comes down to whatever everyone in your group thinks.

^^^^THIS^^^^^:thmbup:

We are required to maintain insurance and hold a valid vendor's license in order to run events in the parks. Pretty sure that is the case in most areas.

We are required to maintain insurance and hold a valid vendor's license in order to run events in the parks. Pretty sure that is the case in most areas.
In many locales, disc golf leagues simply aren't organized enough to warrant this in the eyes of the authorities. Reserving the course for a full day tournament might be a different matter.

Latest posts