• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Frog Rock Park - Austell, GA

Update:

Concrete is installed on all pads. I haven't seen them yet but heard they are very well done. A few are crooked and will their alignment will be fixed by adding concrete, so those will have extra large pads. These are all 6' (rear) by 4' (front) by 12' (long).

I've got the 3 pin positions for each hole marked with white stakes. We'll be testing them out this Sunday 4/7 with temp pads before I give green light to install the baskets. Mach 3 baskets going in soon after that with an opening celebration sometime soon, date TBD.

This sunday will be 3 rounds of 9 hole singles, starts at 10am, two divisions (long pads & short pads), $10 buyin. Minimal break in between, so bring food with you. Bring metal portable basket if you have one.

Here are holes 1 & 2 (2 needs to be adjusted)
3BdmAtu.jpg

RiBzmtH.jpg

I am super excited for this course. Although I live in Atlanta, my girlfriend prefers to go out to Deer lick rather than Perkerson, and this course will make a nice detour for all-day outings.

Let me know when the Grand Opening is, and I'll make sure to take off work and play a few rounds.

Ribbon cutting and grand opening are set for Tuesday May 21 @ 2pm. Baskets will be installed the same day and course will be fully complete and ready to open -- shouldn't be much of a break in period at all, this one is ready to go. The city of Austell has ordered 100 custom stamped discs they will be giving out for free during the event. Anyone can come.

Reminder that the grand opening of this course is Today @ 2pm. Come on out if you're in the Atlanta area.

The opening went impressively well, except for thunder at the end. They brought out about 100 people and did a formal opening ceremony with tents, 30 minutes of speakers, and even cut a ribbon tied between two baskets with a giant set of scissors. This is city of austell, not the surrounding counties, and they seem very committed to the sport and the park.

Frog rock par

We went and played the course last night, it was awesome. There are a few very challenging holes. I do have a question about the course though; you said in your initial post this course was going to be a par 31, however the Map at the front states these are all par 3 holes with an out of 28. Surely hole 4 is not a par 3. What is the real deal?

Frog Rock

Hole 4 is a par 4 at least.

I think the rest are all 3's

Par should be 28.

I think they had to move some basket positions since the original layout.

Originally it was going to be a par 31, but the par 4's didn't work very well due to the lack of undergrowth. Bad shots weren't punished so it didn't really matter where you threw, and there wasn't quite enough room to make two of them long enough. Hole 4 is the only par 4 in the final layout. There were/are a few errors on the maps (hole 9 A and C were switched). The hole layouts are correct on this site.

Latest posts