• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gap/Overlap Identification in my bag

crystal haze

My current setup:

Putter:
Challenger (soft X, D and Cryztal)

Mids:
Comet (x and ESP)
Buzz (FLX and Z)
(overstable option undecided between Pain, Hornet, Vector)

Fairway:
Teebird (Star)
Predator (ESP, Z)
(do I need an understable here?)

Distance:
Rogue (SP and Proline)
Flow (GL)
Striker (opto is domey and seems much more overstable and GL seems long teebird-like)
(do I need an overstable here?)

Like to hear your opinions. I am still getting to know my discs and need to do a lot of field work to do that and haven't had the time.

The overstable mids is something I can't quite decide on. I need to test them out for comparison.

Do the Rogue and flow overlap too much?

What distances are you throwing? You can use the guide that is at the top of this forum as a good help.

From what I see, you could as another fairway such as an FD or Leopard for the anhyzers.

Mid: I would go with the Pain, but test them and see what you like.

The striker should do for overstable at this point.

Like the Flow but don't know anything about a Rogue.

Yup, the Flow and Rogue will definitely have some overlap. Brand new the Flow will be slightly more stable, but overall they have very similar characteristics.

Overstable mid slot is a very personal disc choice IMO, depending upon the distances you're throwing as well. My vote goes for Drone if you got an arm on ya, or Pain if you aren't quite crushing anything yet. There are many other great molds that I didn't mention, but it's a really picky flight path to match to a thrower.

EDIT: You're fine using the Predator as your distance overstable disc, many people choose to use something faster and it's a very pointless decision IMO unless you can throw 450'+. As for the understable disc, yes it wouldn't hurt to have something there but I personally just use beat up QJLS' (aren't understable brand new).

Last edited:
What distances are you throwing? You can use the guide that is at the top of this forum as a good help.

From what I see, you could as another fairway such as an FD or Leopard for the anhyzers.

Mid: I would go with the Pain, but test them and see what you like.

The striker should do for overstable at this point.

Like the Flow but don't know anything about a Rogue.

I probably throw 320-350' right now.

I've got some extra new discs around here so for the understable fairway I have a Trak or an Undertow. I also had a beat in XL which I liked for that slot, but I lost it.

I'll definitely go out and compare test the overstable mids to see what works and feels better. Thanks!

Latest posts