• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Apache Questions

waddleman

Bogey Member
OK so I won't make this super long or anything, but I'm looking for a cheap filler/see if I like it disc to pair with my mid 160's X-Cyclone until/after I grab a max weight ESP-Cyclone (Getting it custom stamped, don't quite wanna spend the $$ for it just yet).

Marshall Street has X-Out HPP Apaches for like 8 bucks, absurd pricing, but more to the point, is their flight chart on it accurate? I'm looking for something in the 7 speed range as far as distance, and stability wise something around an Eagle/Teebird so according to Marshall it'll work nicely. Other places have it rated as a 9 speed and a more TL type flight path (-1/2). I've also heard however that Apaches are more like 9 speeds, and kind of fly more like valks. I've also heard they fly more like slower wraiths. Basically I've heard these discs fly anywhere from 7 speeds at -2/2 to 9 speeds at -0.5/3.

Basically, what is a max weight HPP Apache supposed to (or generally) fly like? If it's not similar to the Eagle/Teebird, does gateway make any discs that are in this kind of Stable/Slightly OS True Fairway (6/7 speed) spot?

Old mold Apaches are 7s, new ones are 9s. I don't really know much about them after that, although they might be -1/2. They also have a bead, which I thought was interesting.

Apaches are interesting discs. I like them, but I don't have them in my bag. They do have a wider wing similar to a 9 speed disc, but the bead slows them down to be more on par with a 7 speed disc. They are usually pretty domey and have tons of glide. The flight reminds me more of a midrange than a driver. They fly more like a Teebird than an Eagle if I were to compare it to those two discs, but really they kind of fly their own line.

Apaches are interesting discs. I like them, but I don't have them in my bag. They do have a wider wing similar to a 9 speed disc, but the bead slows them down to be more on par with a 7 speed disc. They are usually pretty domey and have tons of glide. The flight reminds me more of a midrange than a driver. They fly more like a Teebird than an Eagle if I were to compare it to those two discs, but really they kind of fly their own line.

they can also be sneaky long with that glide. they look slow in the air then they just went 25' farther then you thought it did. an hpp would pair nice with a x cyclone in IMO.

they can also be sneaky long with that glide. they look slow in the air then they just went 25' farther then you thought it did. an hpp would pair nice with a x cyclone in IMO.

^^^^^ This.... sneaky long is right. They're pretty easy to throw and rather neutral. There is a little movement, but overall a very comfortable driver that you could throw in tunnels or in the open.