• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] gateway discs?

It has situations where it is useful, it also has situations where you think for some odd reason that it will fly and then when it lands 40-50' short of what you want you think...oh yeah...its a rock, not a roc.

and a Sabre is more along the lines of straighter, shorter teebird.

Don't forget the "shorter" part. If I had to compare the Sabre to a disc in my bag it'd be the Buzzz. It goes about the same distance as the Buzzz with similar stability and less glide. I've not seen any fairway driver that can compare to the Teebird distance-wise. The Teebird is really in a league of its own as far as combining controllability and distance.

No way, that thing has no glide AT ALL!!!!

Assuming you have enough power, then yes the Warrior will get more glide longer than the Champ. Roc before hitting its LSS and fading out. If you dont have enough power, than the Warrior will hit the ground very early out of your hand. I have nothing against the roc, I have aced with one before and it is a good disc, But I can tell by your username that claiming anything is better than the roc will prob. not make you happy.

Yeah if it is anything like the Element it goes up and comes down...plop.

AMEN!! I got both sent to me, thank goodness for free or I would be pissed

Everybody that I have let try my Elements have commented on how they glide for days. As for Roc1time, this is about a person who is looking for comparable Gateway discs maybe just wanting to try the "small guy" in the buisness, you clicked this thread knowing thats what it is about and just because you for, some reason, hate elements and warriors doesnt mean you have to come here and run your mouth about how you hate all Gateway mid-ranges. At least some of you are actually giving answers and helping somebody out with disc selection.

I love my Element it was the first disc I learn to throw. And it does have mad glide. I can't wait to get one in the HPP plastic cuz my evolution elements have taken a beating over the years.

Using a fan grip and a standing RHBH pull, I can send my Element way farther and straighter than anything in my bag (midrange) including ROCs and Buzzzs.

Everybody that I have let try my Elements have commented on how they glide for days. As for Roc1time, this is about a person who is looking for comparable Gateway discs maybe just wanting to try the "small guy" in the buisness, you clicked this thread knowing thats what it is about and just because you for, some reason, hate elements and warriors doesnt mean you have to come here and run your mouth about how you hate all Gateway mid-ranges. At least some of you are actually giving answers and helping somebody out with disc selection.

First off I wasnt running my mouth, just put in my 2 cents about a couple of discs and I never said that I hate them. If that hurts your feeling then too bad and I hope you will be ok after all. An no I didnt just click on it because I knew what it was about, I thought about maybe learning something about some discs. I guess you are another one of those people that if someone doesnt agree with you then they are wrong but thats ok too, you and 80 can be friends we he comes back

First off I wasnt running my mouth, just put in my 2 cents about a couple of discs and I never said that I hate them. If that hurts your feeling then too bad and I hope you will be ok after all. An no I didnt just click on it because I knew what it was about, I thought about maybe learning something about some discs. I guess you are another one of those people that if someone doesnt agree with you then they are wrong but thats ok too, you and 80 can be friends we he comes back

Kind of ironic saying I whine if I dont agree, when I said that the roc is a good disc too and I have even aced with one about 2 months ago before I quit using them, but here you come into a thread called "Gateway Discs?" and say how the element and warior both suck. You need to get your facts straight and learn that when people are asking about a certain brand or mold of discs they want info, not just saying they suck. This has been seen in all the roc vs. buzzz threads, when we all really know that BOTH are good mid-ranges and serve different purposes (Roc vs. Wasp is more comparable). Everybody prefers a wide variety of different discs, you and billnchristy say the Element has no glide, while a lot of others here say the Element has more glide than both the roc and the buzzz. All I am saying is dont try to convince others not to buy a certain disc that you dont like, when clearly others prefer than over some of your favorites.

I love my Element it was the first disc I learn to throw. And it does have mad glide. I can't wait to get one in the HPP plastic cuz my evolution elements have taken a beating over the years.

FIY, the Element has been retooled to be a little more stable than the older Elements. If you keep one of your beat Elements in the bag as a flippy mid, and add a fresh Retooled Element then you will have a great combo. Add a Warrior and you will have a flippy, stable, and overstable mid setup. Its good to see people wanting the HPP plastic, it is super grippy and durable. Good luck.

Kind of ironic saying I whine if I dont agree, when I said that the roc is a good disc too and I have even aced with one about 2 months ago before I quit using them, but here you come into a thread called "Gateway Discs?" and say how the element and warior both suck. You need to get your facts straight and learn that when people are asking about a certain brand or mold of discs they want info, not just saying they suck. This has been seen in all the roc vs. buzzz threads, when we all really know that BOTH are good mid-ranges and serve different purposes (Roc vs. Wasp is more comparable). Everybody prefers a wide variety of different discs, you and billnchristy say the Element has no glide, while a lot of others here say the Element has more glide than both the roc and the buzzz. All I am saying is dont try to convince others not to buy a certain disc that you dont like, when clearly others prefer than over some of your favorites.

Your a smart one I can tell. I never said they sucked or anything like that. Just said that if I would have paid for them then I would be pissed. There is tons of plastic that I put in that same boat. I never told anyone to get a roc or tryed to convince anyone to throw anythng in particular. I put in my opinion, which last time I checked that was ok, so why you want to start taking shots at me I have no idea. I just said that the ones that I have thrown do not fly like my rocs. THATS IT! Nothing more. All discs fly different for different people and thats ok too.

My first gateway disc was an element I got for 2 bucks at a play it again sports... best 2 bucks ever. My drives got much better this summer, so it got to the point where I was a little too close to use my element, so I started approaching with my putters. But if I ever have a long straight to right shot at the basket, the here comes the element...

though I barely throw it, this disc is hands down my favorite disc ever... really sad that it was retooled...

though I barely throw it, this disc is hands down my favorite disc ever... really sad that it was retooled...

Same here, luckly I still have some old mold Elements, but have recently put in one of my Retooled Elements and am starting to use it more and more. Just have to think of it as a different disc and use it in such a way. More stable to fit the gap perfectly between the old Element mold, and the E Warrior.