• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gateway Samurai Art Contest

Thanks keep the votes coming please it is a tight race..... DGCR Power

I voted once more from home but couldn't do it from other devices. May be based off IP address.

the guy who did #3 spammed it all across several high-traffic FB pages.

i admin a pretty large DG FB page, and i deleted his post QUICK. :hfive:

proof that logo contests are terrible business. gateway has zero cohesiveness to their product look. you can't leave business decisions to a vote.

As a marketer/graphic designer I agree with you. But you you can't fail me for trying to win a basket.

As a marketer/graphic designer I agree with you. But you you can't fail me for trying to win a basket.
can't blame you at all, it's Gateway's loss (by having years upon years of contests) and the artists' gain. i'd do a Gateway stamp if i was positive i'd kill it and not end up doing free work.

i entered the one and only MVP logo contest, got like 4th place in voting, but had the logo that they wanted for their product -- no more logo contests for them, and the lineup is solid :thmbup:

hope you get the basket! that's a much sweeter deal than a stack of the disc

proof that logo contests are terrible business. gateway has zero cohesiveness to their product look. you can't leave business decisions to a vote.
Gateway seems to see the logo contests as just a way to hype the fact that they have a new disc on the way AND getting the artwork done essentially for free. Not exactly a great business plan IMO, but that's what they seem to be doing.

Voted for #2...it was the one that grabbed my attention the most when I first looked at them. 2 and 5 are definitely my faves, but I like 1, too...just too detailed for a stamp, though. Good luck!