• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Gator3

Bought a stock Gator3 from the proshop. It's pink and almost board flat.

Have played two rounds so far and haven't reached for it...

I've owned a few Gators in my time and I've never really clicked with how they fit into my game. That doesn't stop me from biting on new plastic or killer stamps...

Got to really throw my cfr gator3 yesterday along with luster gator. The gator3 is board flat and the luster gator is just a little less flat. Thrown forehard, power grip, full power I am loving the gator 3. It just wants to fly flat with no hint, no inkling of even considering turning. Having said that, it does not want to fade right away either. This is what I am loving about. I guess its the low speed (5)...its not a meathook, but it will not turn at all. It seems to have that forward penetrating fade, like a gyro, then it turns on the heavy low speed fade. The luster gators seem to want to fade much earlier, but its a consistent fade which increases as it slows.

Isnt it odd that innova drops the stock gator3 3 days before they are supposed to drop the caiman?

Got to really throw my cfr gator3 yesterday along with luster gator. The gator3 is board flat and the luster gator is just a little less flat. Thrown forehard, power grip, full power I am loving the gator 3. It just wants to fly flat with no hint, no inkling of even considering turning. Having said that, it does not want to fade right away either. This is what I am loving about. I guess its the low speed (5)...its not a meathook, but it will not turn at all. It seems to have that forward penetrating fade, like a gyro, then it turns on the heavy low speed fade. The luster gators seem to want to fade much earlier, but its a consistent fade which increases as it slows.

Isnt it odd that innova drops the stock gator3 3 days before they are supposed to drop the caiman?

Get the Metal Flake Champion Gator and it will fade quickest of all the Gators, except the messed up Mega dome pop top Star Gators that were out a few years ago.

I am very fascinated to see a profile comparison between the current run mortar, the gator3 and the caiman. Side by side, and upside down to compare dome.

1,000,000 points to the one who fulfills this request! :hfive:

I am very fascinated to see a profile comparison between the current run mortar, the gator3 and the caiman. Side by side, and upside down to compare dome.

1,000,000 points to the one who fulfills this request! :hfive:

Send me a Gator3 and I can make it happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get the Metal Flake Champion Gator and it will fade quickest of all the Gators, except the messed up Mega dome pop top Star Gators that were out a few years ago.

Tru-dat

Caiman is beadless, Gator3 has a large bead-- the same one as the gator.

caimen and gator3 have the same top though, thats why they were released so close together. also, MF gator is not the kimg of gators. its 1st run ring gators, then JL ring of gator, then factory glow gator, then select flat star gators, then you can slot in the MF. the MF is not the blunt nose mold and star has been ran in both nose configs so they can be more OS if u know how to tell the diff

^thats right. stupid stupid overstable. likely the most overstable disc I have thrown. at least the mega OS drivers go somewhere due to their speed, but this thing is like the air wants nothing to do with it.

I would love a caiman/gator3 comparison. I am a fan of beadless discs but love the gator... could it be better?!? Nerdy minds want to know!

I've had really clean FH releases with my Gator3. Its FAF, no dome and no puddle,. Puddle top gators really mess with my nose angles but the Gator3 really does the trick. I don't want to like it because of all this rebranding 3 top yada yada stuff but I do...

I've had really clean FH releases with my Gator3. Its FAF, no dome and no puddle,. Puddle top gators really mess with my nose angles but the Gator3 really does the trick. I don't want to like it because of all this rebranding 3 top yada yada stuff but I do...

Just carefully wipe the 3 from the top of disc as much as you can. :)

Caught the restock of the Freeman Gator3s last week, this drop was only Glow ones :)

A bit less overstable and more flexible flight plate than the ROG Flat Gator I've been using, but still flat. First time throwing either a Gator3/Caiman/MD5 and felt the shoulder was slightly less bulky than the normal Gator/Mortar top (flat top processed or not).

I wonder if Innova will only produce the Tour Series Gator3 instead of the ROG and Factory Glow Gators going forward.

I throw the 2021 Joel Freeman Gator3's and they feel great. flat top, wind fighter with heavy fade. Really trustworthy disc. With that said, I don't reach for them that often because I am not pinching myself off as much anymore so I don't necessarily need the heavy fade. Still a great disc and solid to have in the bag when the situation calls for it.

Would the gator3 be noticeably more OS than a heavy star or fresh KC Roc? Looking for different molds to try over winter, working on narrowing down my roc cycle a bit.