• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Gator3

Would the gator3 be noticeably more OS than a heavy star or fresh KC Roc? Looking for different molds to try over winter, working on narrowing down my roc cycle a bit.

Yes, considerably, except for one freak star San Marino Roc that I've thrown. Gator will still have less glide.

The feel of a gator is waay different than a roc -- the smaller diameter combined with a wider rim makes it feel more driverish. I trust it more on lower lines -- a roc wants to lift in a way that a gator does not.

Yes, considerably, except for one freak star San Marino Roc that I've thrown. Gator will still have less glide.

The feel of a gator is waay different than a roc -- the smaller diameter combined with a wider rim makes it feel more driverish. I trust it more on lower lines -- a roc wants to lift in a way that a gator does not.

Ok cool that's what I was guessing from the various posts but wanted to double check. Rim diameter differences aren't an issue, I am hoping to have a more similar feel with the bead on the bottom (of the gator) for a roc to gator transition vs my current roc to zone.

Gator/Gator3/Joel Freeman Gator 3

I've been going NUTZ trying to find out if the Gator3 is more stable or less stable than the original Gator....?? Then also, is the Joel Freeman Gator3 more or less stable than the original Gator3.....? Lol

Also, I'm brand new to this forum, does it give you notifications if someone replies to you?? Do they have it in an app by chance??

I throw the 2021 Joel Freeman Gator3's and they feel great. flat top, wind fighter with heavy fade. Really trustworthy disc. With that said, I don't reach for them that often because I am not pinching myself off as much anymore so I don't necessarily need the heavy fade. Still a great disc and solid to have in the bag when the situation calls for it.

Last edited:
I've been going NUTZ trying to find out if the Gator3 is more stable or less stable than the original Gator....?? Then also, is the Joel Freeman Gator3 more or less stable than the original Gator3.....? Lol

Also, I'm brand new to this forum, does it give you notifications if someone replies to you?? Do they have it in an app by chance??

I had a regular champ JF Gator3 a couple years ago. Flew like a regular Gator for me. Though I haven't tried a glow one. Seeing as I have some gators that are already flat I'm not surprised the Gator3 doesn't fly differently. The Ring of Gators is the most overstable I own. I have a CFR Gator3 that is nice and overstable but just in line with all of the rest.

I have Gators and Gator 3's. As far as I can tell, the 3's are consistently flat where the regular Gator runs are hit and miss on being flat. Besides that, I can't tell any difference between my flat Gators and my Gator 3's.

No experience with the Freeman glow.

Latest posts