• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] GL or Opto?

I prefer gold line. I like the FEEL the opto (and the GL for that matter)...but the GL is grippy. I felt the opto slipping a bit.

I'm carrying a Flow in Opto (2 actually) and a Trident in GL,

I get overstable stuff in GL so it's more workable, and stable/understable in opto so it's more stable, lol

Ive been loving my new Opto Fuse. Cant wait to get a GL River here soon. Ive been wanting to get try out a Flow as well, but it seems Im having the same problem as you. I'll see how the river feels and decide from there. Like others have said, you can always get both, b/c you can NEVER have too much plastic!

Having never been a big fan of innova champion plastic, I started buying mainly goldline. After time, I've switched to opto. I like the durability/grip better than the goldline. Only drawback is the "look" compared to goldline, but after apothecary mentioned they take dye well, I realized this was fixable. I have a mess of pink opto flows and rivers that now need to be dyed.

Why dovyou carry 2 of each do they fly differently?

In the woods and the rough I like my opto, it's a little more stable and does not get as knicked up as the gold line does. In the open and on the fairway I use my gold. I carry XXX, Halo, Flow, Striker, River, Vison, Core, and Fuse 1 of each in Gold and Opto.

I really love opto. It is durable and just feels great in the hand. The only reason I buy GL is because opto breaks in soooo slowly that having a disc in GL just lets you beat in a disc in a reasonable period of time.

CHEERS - Koffee