• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Glenview, Illinois - new 10-holer!

juanbond

Eagle Member
This is my very first course design! I know, it's nothing spectacular, but I was lucky enough to find a park district 5 mins from my office that was receptive to the idea. The course should be playable sometime this weekend, I'll keep this thread and the course conditions updated accordingly.

Community Park West DGC

Right now it is woodchip tees and Mach 5's (being delivered tomorrow!). The baskets will have Direct Hit Golf Flags on top, showing you when the wind is 6, 12, or 18+ mph. Next year the park plans to replace the woodchip tees with brick, and possibly put in some alternate pin locations and more tees. I expect the park will make many more upgrades to the course this year and next!

Nicely done!!! You gonna give us DGCR folk a tour out there on Sunday? ;)

EDIT: Nice, closest course to my work and parent's house now. :thmbup:

sweet, aaron, ill have to meet you out there sometime soon.

Very cool - I'll need to check that out as it is sort of in my hood. Great work!

No guarantees that it will be playable on Sunday, but I'm about 90% confident. I may be out there as well, but also need to run down to the south side to work on a potential new 27-holer design/proposal.

I can't believe how many courses keep appearing arou d the Chicagoland area, I hope your 27 holer works out too!

Yeah the 27-holer (maybe just 18) would be in an excellent park, I'm going out there Saturday to scope things out a bit.

Hellllllllzzzzz yeah!

Nice, I'm happy to help with ideas or grunt work if the project gets approved.

Things are moving a bit slower than expected with the park district. The course probably won't be fully playable until Sept 3rd. I'll keep ya'll posted. Baskets should be being delivered today!

So... how's this lookin'? Ready for me to play after work today? :popcorn:

EDIT: Simulpost ^^^

Yeah the 27-holer (maybe just 18) would be in an excellent park, I'm going out there Saturday to scope things out a bit.

Please tell me where. I am a south-sider and when I look at the DG map of courses, there is a huge hole with no courses centered about where I live. I keep trying to get the courage to approach the Cook County Forest preserve people about a course, but don't know how to do it. They have so much perfect land that is just sitting there not being used. If they are willing to put in golf courses, they should be willing to put in a DG course.

Please keep us updated.

Please tell me where. I am a south-sider and when I look at the DG map of courses, there is a huge hole with no courses centered about where I live. I keep trying to get the courage to approach the Cook County Forest preserve people about a course, but don't know how to do it. They have so much perfect land that is just sitting there not being used. If they are willing to put in golf courses, they should be willing to put in a DG course.

Please keep us updated.

If this project gets going, I'll let you guys know the actual park location.

Stopped by the Glenview course today over lunch break... Anchor concrete was being poured, I assume they have all been poured by now. This means the baskets should be ready to go in the ground in about 6-7 days. They were shooting for this weekend but got a bit behind schedule.

Baskets are going into the ground as I type. The course should be fully playable within an hour or two. I'll be out there at about 6:30 tonight if anyone wants to meet up for a late round.

Latest posts