• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Glideless Comet in putter form?

riltim

Eagle Member
Is there such a disc? Looking for something I can throw flat and it finishes straight but I can land on a 30' island from 150-200'. Been testing my 175 polecat but I have a tough time ranging it.

Maybe I just need to work with it more. Suggestions?

Is there such a disc? Looking for something I can throw flat and it finishes straight but I can land on a 30' island from 150-200'. Been testing my 175 polecat but I have a tough time ranging it.

Maybe I just need to work with it more. Suggestions?

"Glideless" and "Comet" are not usually in the same sentence. Unless it is "One thing you could never say about the Comet is that it is glideless."

If you can't control the Polecat and don't want to learn it, maybe a Nova? Watch McBeth throw it on hole 17 of the final round of the USDGC if you need any more proof.

Last edited:
"Glideless" and "Comet" are not usually in the same sentence. Unless it is "One thing you could never say about the Comet is that it is glideless."

I know the comet isn't glideless, its one of the discs I throw the most. I am looking for something that's as straight as start to finish as the comet but super easy to range. Probably a tall order but I figured I'd ask.

Gateway Magic.

It's not fast, has a manageable amount of glide and throws straight at the distance range you are talking about.

If you can't control the Polecat and don't want to learn it, maybe a Nova? Watch McBeth throw it on hole 17 of the final round of the USDGC if you need any more proof.

That's exactly the shot I'm looking for. Dead straight till the end and then just drops.

I have a nova I bought for my daughter that I've never thrown. Maybe I'll put that head to head with the polecat and see what happens. It's not that I don't want to learn the polecat, it was just tough to range in the limited times I've thrown it.

I throw and putt with McPro Aviar's and the first thing to go from them as they get worn in is the fade. After a little use it is a very straight disc for me.

Nova is probably the best out of the box option.

Gateway Magic.

It's not fast, has a manageable amount of glide and throws straight at the distance range you are talking about.

I'll pick one up next time I'm at the store and can feel it up. Last magic I held I hated but it was super stiff. I like a little softer feel for touch shots.

I throw and putt with McPro Aviar's and the first thing to go from them as they get worn in is the fade. After a little use it is a very straight disc for me.

Nova is probably the best out of the box option.

Thanks. Will feel them up next time I'm at the shop.

Could try a DX Whale. I just bought one last week and love how it just floats and drops. Easier to gauge distance with than my Judge.