• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Goin on Umphrey's Ter: Salt Lake, Bozeman, Missoula, Seattle, Eugene & Tahoe

diskey river

Par Member
Haven't done an UM run in about 5 years and am super overdue for a vacay.

Need help with what courses to play in or around:

- Salt Lake City, UT
- Bozeman, MT
- Missoula, MT
- Seattle, WA (or anywhere fun in between the last 2)
- Eugene, OR
- Tahoe, CA

Will be in middle to late March.

Played a few courses in the Tahoe area, more specifically Trukee, but otherwise know nothing of what to play in these areas, and of course I can see whats available and read reviews .... just thought maybe a few of you have some good recommendations

thanks in advance

Course Recommendations are in order of preference

SLC - (Solitude won't be playable in March) Creekside, River Park, Art Dye
Bozeman - Bohart x 2 (I don't know how the conditions might be in March, look into it), Drive to Diamond-X if possible
Zootown - Blue Mt, Pattee
From Missoula to Seattle - Many options well worth checking out - Farragut or Four Mound, Highbridge and Downriver.
Seattle - My favorite area was the Olympic peninsula if you can make it out there, otherwise - Seatac and lakewood make a good pairing, Terrace and White River are nice.
Eugene - Dexter and North Regional are both great courses
Tahoe - is anything playable in March? might ask around on that one, my favorite Kirkwood definitely won't be, the remaining are all great courses, can't go wrong.

I have never played in that area on the US but I love Umphrey's Mcgee ! Enjoy your Ter (tour) :D i normally only see that reference on PhantasyTour

How long between Eugene and Tahoe? Is it the next day, or do you have a day or 2 to take the road less traveled?

Tahoe - Turtle Rock should be playable, Bijou and Zephyr are a maybe. They are in the ground year round, but whether you want to play them depends on how much snow there is on the ground and how much you like trudging around in it. Dayton will be playable, but don't go out of your way if the others are good to go.

Last edited:
How long between Eugene and Tahoe? Is it the next day, or do you have a day or 2 to take the road less traveled?

i do have a day in between Eugene and Tahoe ... we were thinking Crater Lake area but we are open to suggestions ...

i do have a day in between Eugene and Tahoe ... we were thinking Crater Lake area but we are open to suggestions ...

Humboldt. It'll be a bit out of the way, but you can golf some of the most unique courses in the country. There's the Redwood Curtain, My home course. As well as Birds Of Paradise an amazing course and Martin D's #1 out of more than 1000 courses played.

^
Thanks!

Been too long since ive hugged a Redwood & those courses look awesome!

Enjoy your Ter (tour) :D i normally only see that reference on PhantasyTour

Ahhhhhh! My Internet worlds are colliding!!!!! All I have to say is #1 or NPA, this isn't 'Nam. Lol @ PT. People who think that this place gets trashy have never been on the Phish board on PT. Have fun on ter brah!!

lucky!!! oh man how i long for my own um ter!!! have a great time!! send the boys my love!! i'll me rawking feb 17th in champaign.....

Ahhhhhh! My Internet worlds are colliding!!!!! All I have to say is #1 or NPA, this isn't 'Nam. Lol @ PT. People who think that this place gets trashy have never been on the Phish board on PT. Have fun on ter brah!!

LOL your right no #1's and no SIIHB :D this forum is very clean compared to PT

Hey, fun tour!

Definitely play Whistlers Bend in Southern Oregon. A wonderfully beautiful course.

Dexter in Eugene is great.

I played the course at Humboldt in the Redwoods..it was tough to navigate if you've never been. I wasn't super impressed with the course but its definitely cool to play in the big trees!

Have fun!

Tim

Latest posts