• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Going The Distance

Jadorrian

So ive been playing for less than a year, i like to think i have a big arm, i throw rh/bh and i cannot seem to drive past 250' any pointers or things im missin?

stay close to your chest with disc, use slow discs, fairway drivers or lower speed distance drivers

go to youtube and watch the dan beato vids

As someone pretty new to the game myself, I have found this to be very helpful. I could drive constantly near 250 before I watched the videos and started to actually think about my throwing techinque. Since just trying to work in some of the techinques discussed in the vids, I have been getting much closer to getting 300 or more on a much more regular basis than I was in the past.

Spend alot of time in an open field working on your throws, and they way you throw. I have been working with a guy who can't throw far at all, and with a lot of field practice, I have seen alot of improvement with him.

I second the watching of the dan beato video. He gives great tips!

I had the same problem earlier this year until I started practicing in a field. That will do wonders for your game...

Throwing 250ft is pretty good for playing less than a year. If you're still throwing 250ft after playing for a couple of years, then you might want to find out what you're doing wrong.

play with as many good players as possiable and listen to any tips they are willin to give you. also ask/beg them to let you know what you're doin wrong in your throws. i've been lucky enough to play w some really big arms w lots of experince. sometimes they'll even tell u stuff with out even askin. lol

Latest posts