• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Going to Asheville from Atlanta

darktoaster

Bogey Member
I will going to Asheville on a short trip with my wife and was wondering which course I should play either in Asheville or along the drive.

The wife has given me permission to play at one course during the trip. So far it seems as if Richmond Hill in Asheville is the best choice but I am open to other suggestions as well.

Thanks

I haven't played Richmond Hill yet, but I hear good things about it. A course along the way that I played for the first time a couple of weeks ago is Va-Du-Mar. It was fun, a cool course, and definitely worth the time. It's not very far off of I-85 and I-26.

Richmond hill is my favorite course, BUT......it has a LOT of elevation changes, and a LOT of tight woods. If you love technical courses <which is my strong point to my game>, then you will enjoy this course, if you play a lot of wide open courses, then you may find this course difficult.
There are a few courses off I-85 through th upstate of SC that are very nice.....a course in Easley "Red Owens park", good mix of holes, elevation, open, tight, long & short. Also in Greenville, there is Timmons Park, a shorter course, but good mix of technical, and open holes, along with elevation.

What Danny M said except I would take Timmons off the list... it's just not as great as Easley. And, I will add Century Park in Greer SC, which is about an 8 mile detour from your route (and Timmons).

VaDuMar in Boiling Springs is awesome... but a little further off the route than you probably want.

If playing in Asheville, let me know. I might be able to meet you out at Richmond Hill or Mars Hill.

Have a fun trip,
DSCJNKY

I live near most of the above mentioned courses that should be on your short list, except for Richmond Hill, which I haven't played but will soon, and sounds like it's great but maybe tougher than the others.

I would recommend Va-Du-Mar in Boiling Springs, SC. The park is basically a nice jungle gym, some open, unused fields, and a great disc golf course. The course is top notch, and you will probably have the place to yourself.

Easley's Foothills Course is great, but it's also very, very popular for other activities, and some of the best holes get turned into soccer fields and OB this time of year on most weekends.

Timmons is great fun, but if you only get to pick one course, cross it off. Same with Century Park in Greer -- fun, but not better than Va-Du-Mar or Richmond Hill.

Latest posts