• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Going to fl. For a week.

Fansler21

Will be in Orlando area all this week... where should I play and any free fir a round

Airport Lakes is a good way to waste time on a quick nine before or immediately after a flight. Otherwise you want to play the two courses at Turkey Lake followed by the two courses at Gordon Barnett Park.

water tower park in sarasota is ok, pay no attention to the crackheads...just across the skyway bridge is maximo park, that one is fun too

Any if y'all live there? Care to get a round in on Weds. I ll either be Orlando or Sarasota

3rd recommendation for Turkey Lake if you wind up in Orlando. I had a friend play Gordon Barnett first and wished he hadn't.

Echo. Turkey Lake is my 1st & 2nd choice when visiting Orlando (2 courses).

Do a thread search for "Orlando" and you should find plenty of threads that have already covered this territory.

Turkey Lake and Barnett Park. Both parks have 2 courses and are in the Orlando area. Though, Barnett Park is not in the nicest area I have ever been to. The courses are real fun though. Turkey Lake was ok, but if it is your first time, you might want to play with someone. Lots of baskets cannot be seen from the tee and the navigation is a bit tricky. Turkey Lake also costs a few bucks to play.

Any if y'all live there? Care to get a round in on Weds. I ll either be Orlando or Sarasota

If you are going to Sarasota give Thrembo a PM.

Watertower is a good one in Sarasota. just south Venice has a cute 9 holer you can play in 15 minutes.
I have reviewed most of the courses in the Sarasota area (still need to go up towards Tampa more) if you want aditional info. Please remember to thumb up if you see anything useful, even if it helps you decide NOT to go to a course.

I would reccomend playing the Orlando area courses while you are there. If you have already played them, and/or want to explore further, the Tampa area has some awesome courses. I would reccomend Edward Medard 1st. Its on the eastern side of Tampa, so its closer to Orlando, and it rocks.

The Sarasota courses are good too, but a bit of a cruise from Orlando. I think that Lakeview is a better course than Watertower now, the SSP has done alot of work on it, and it shows.

If you want to get real adventurous, come on down to Port Charlotte, and I would be glad to throw one with you! (I may be able to meet in Sarasota for a round, pm me if coming and when and I'll see if I can make it).

Drive to Ocala and play Pine Oaks, its a bomb of a course and is awesome