• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Good Publicity for Disc Golf

Josh L

I was looking around the boards and thought maybe there should be a thread to post stories/links about Tournaments/Clubs/Individuals who are promoting disc golf in a awesome light to try and promote it. Not necessarily as "Hey look this is disc golf, help build more courses" type deal but more along the lines of disc communities giving back to the mainstream. I mean the Ice Bowl series is an excellent example of what this should be all about.

I found a link to a local club that put on a fundraiser tournament, not for themselves but for another charity. Read up if you wish, the story behind it might put a tear in your eye, but this picture alone should be a good start.

Story here: http://www.scarborohills.com/LTT-3913.html

935042_10151463978618269_1572345900_n.jpg

942380_10151470399353269_612222703_n.jpg

A couple weeks ago I was a part of a disc golf event at the disc golf course at a Church camp that I'm involved with. It was 6 rounds on our 9 hole course. To play you didn't have to pay but you were encouraged to get people to sponsor you to play.

The money raised went to the camp's scholarship fund. They choose not to turn away people due to financial reasons and the fund helps offset that cost that they incur.

We had about 14 people play that day, and we raised just a little over 2500 dollars. Between another guy and I we raised 1700 dollars towards the camp.

It was a little windy but overall it was a fun time!

Great idea for a thread! Quite a few tournaments raise money for soup kitchens and other community causes. Why not have a thread so people can post everything in one place?

Great idea for a thread! Quite a few tournaments raise money for soup kitchens and other community causes. Why not have a thread so people can post everything in one place?

that is a great idea! especially for people in my situation. I am planning a charity tournament specific to my field and could certainly use advise.