• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Bags - Simian

Yes you do. I can't wait to get my finalized version. The proto was more stripped down.

has anybody else clicked on the picture, first reply - post number 2?

i'm surprised no comments, he gets going pretty fast...

now go back up and click on it,... your curious...

Camptime Stool- 30 plus 5 shipping

Did you test this during the wet season on muddy courses? I would rather have the option of a chair to keep my bag dry instead of myself, than always sacrificing the bottom and sides of a bag I'll have to sling. Please take $35 back out of your total.

Awesome design ... except that it holds so few discs. If it held 20+ I'd very strongly consider it.

Definately not a problem to carry.

Gillia, did you get Zam's proto or order one?

I did get Zam's proto...he hooked me up phat...mostly cause my Bday is the same weekend as one of the best local tournies around so he took care of me with his proto simian.

I love it...its not as good as the production bags but its not too far off.

Saw this bag at a tourney that GB was sponsoring. It's a nice bag...just a bit too much for me. (throw in a jet propulsion system and I am sold)

I got my simian last Friday and let me tell you...WOW. I was the 'big man' proto tester and I comfortably played MarioKart Wii for an hour while using the proto bag.

Well, the final release is incredible. The build in seat is top notch...and the new design eliminated the notch feeling of the PVC. The dual putter pockets on each side are great. You can still use them for Camelpak's if you choose...but the 2 Bottle holders do well w/ my Nalgenes. There is even a lil zippered pocket UNDER the seat for keys/med kit/cell phone.

The biggest change came from in the straps...the new straps provide plenty of padding OR...you can fasten your quads and use your quads...its really a WIN/WIN.

Now if you wanted too...you could easily carry 20+discs....or you can carry a solid 15 or so...and use the extra space for hat, gloves, hoodie...the bag is quite versatile...AND lite.

ONE trick i found was to use the pocket that can be used for the camelpak...as my umbrella holder...

Mike

Simian in Camo

4010511290_599217ac09.jpg

4010535176_aefddfb24e.jpg

4009769079_2e5e61911e.jpg

I'd like to see one of these in person. The amount of discs it holds seems right. I like the idea of dual putter pockets. I tend to keep my putter and my straight to stable mid in my Carolina's putter pocket. It would be nice to have two mids on one side and my regular putter and driving putter on the other. I don't think I'd buy this. The reason I carry a chair is mostly to set my bag on so I don't have to bend over to go through it and so I'm not picking it up off the ground. I does look like it sits high, just not high enough. The other big downfall to backpack bags is the Texas heat. The revo w/ straps is nice as it keeps the air flowing on your back.

Awesome design ... except that it holds so few discs. If it held 20+ I'd very strongly consider it.

This is what I thought. When I originally heard that GB had protos I hoped to see something that held around 15-18. Maybe a future release. I'll probably end up going with a Kong and some self modifications for my next bag.

It holds 16-17 on the main section and putter pockets plus an extra 8-10 in the side pockets.

Really? Now I'm significantly more interested. How many of those are drivers vs. putters/mids? I carry 6 putters/mids and 13 drivers. So I would be able to fit all the drivers in the main compartment? And by side pockets do you mean the two putter pockets or the storage pockets? Sorry for the barrage of questions, but you just re-peaked my interest.

Latest posts