• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Disc Sports

which would you rather see for a black Friday deal?

• free shipping with in the U.S.

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • 13% off

Votes: 31 60.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He's right, "In Stock" means you have the product on the shelf ready to ship. It doesn't mean that it still needs to be manufactured. They teach that in Business 098 at Community College right along with Supply and demand. These types of situations are why I like dealing with larger companies... They have more reputation built and thus care about customer service and quality more.

Seriously- not all small run businesses are 100% real-time up to date. You know he's a mom-and-pop, super-high-quality run business, so if you're going to drop a hundo, send a quick email to verify that they've got what you want.

Love my Kong.

Apoth has a valid argument. There should be something on the website that clearly informs the customer that the product is not fully manufactured until after an order is placed.

In stock means in stock and ready to ship.

So to Gorilla Boy: why not have something like this on the website that informs the customer of what your "in stock" actually means? it's only going to build a trust. customers won't care if they have to wait a little bit to receive your awesome high quality bags as long as they know up front exactly what is going on.

Last edited:
BTW If he has all the parts then it is technically "in stock" as in there is a stock of parts...and they are IN.

Would you rather him just put sold out on everything and then listen to everyone cry about not having any stock because this is probably what happened prior to him changing it.

BTW If he has all the parts then it is technically "in stock" as in there is a stock of parts...and they are IN.

Would you rather him just put sold out on everything and then listen to everyone cry about not having any stock because this is probably what happened prior to him changing it.

go buy your next new car at pep boys. see how far you get.

its not a big deal. its just a part of GBs ordering system that, i feel, could use some refining.:\

When you see "in stock" you assume that it means its there and ready to ship. In this case it means I can get it together real fast, unless Im busy, and then at the end of next week at the latest.

Its not a big deal, but it is certainly misleading.

If something is hand made there shouldn't even be an "In Stock" or "Sold Out" connotation. There should be a clear disclaimer that "Products are hand made and manufacturing time can be XXX days/weeks/months." After you order, should you feel COMFORTABLE with this concept (this is key), said manufacturer of purchased product should provide a good will estimate of how long manufacturing time will be and and ETA on delivery. If it is in stock, delivery time is one week and it's a bonus for the customer. If not, manufacturer provides the estimate accompanied by options for rush fees if applicable.

I agree with you OC, but I'm not sure he is planning on turning this into a major company. If somebody has a problem with his website, tough. It sounds like he's plenty busy as is. Plus, he has an obvious advantage in the quality control department. He makes the best and most durable disc golf bags on the market. If you're upset it takes awhile to get yours because it's handcrafted and you find the semantics regarding "in stock" to be misleading, piss off. There are other people in line waiting patiently.

It is free software... and there are thousands of posts on DGR on how Chris does business and there are hundreds of posts on DGCR how he does business...

And for the business educated among us... did you get to the chapter on Just-In-Time Inventory? Should have been a fascinating read for you... most of the time Dell is the sample company.

I agree with you OC, but I'm not sure he is planning on turning this into a major company. If somebody has a problem with his website, tough. It sounds like he's plenty busy as is. Plus, he has an obvious advantage in the quality control department. He makes the best and most durable disc golf bags on the market. If you're upset it takes awhile to get yours because it's handcrafted and you find the semantics regarding "in stock" to be misleading, piss off. There are other people in line waiting patiently.

this post is a realbigtravesty.:|

So basically, deal with it being misleading, and if were not happy with it go to hell and shop somewhere else?

Sounds like a great business model.

What is misleading?

The only bag that comes to you fully assembled is the Simian... All other bags have the bag and an unassembled frame put into a box and delivered to you.

The Simian requires some assembly before it gets shipped - an extra step.

By your strict interpretation of the use of IN STOCK - he has zero bags, since none of the bags are fully assembled.

I am sure it is flattering to a guy like Chris that he should be able to do things the way Nike or Wilson or Titliest does...

So basically, deal with it being misleading, and if were not happy with it go to hell and shop somewhere else?

Sounds like a great business model.

Dut, i'm not implying that it is a great business model. I'm saying that because he offers a product that has unmatched quality by the competition, there really isn't somewhere else. He's created a seller's market by manufacturing the highest quality disc golf bags on the market.

i dont see you doing any better....where are your high quality disc golf bags?

Wow, your serious? That really seems like solid logic to you? As a customer I am only allowed to complain about services I also provide?