• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Great courses close to I-95 (FL to MD)?

811rv

Eagle Member
I plan to drive from Fla to MD and I was wondering if there are great courses that is quite close to I-95 esp in GA, SC, NC and VA? I like to stop by for some rounds on the way.

where are you going in MD? Rockburn Branch is a great course in MD and probably 10-15 minutes from 95.

I plan to drive from Fla to MD and I was wondering if there are great courses that is quite close to I-95 esp in GA, SC, NC and VA? I like to stop by for some rounds on the way.

you could play Bryan Park in Richmond Va. You can see baskets while driving on 95.

Tom Triplett park in pooler georgia is about 6 mins off of I-95. I used to live about 10 mins from there.

I love Rockburn Branch, it used to be my local course for about a year and half. Great, I ll look forward playing those courses on the way!

This thread's going on already, I think.....

But Tom Triplett and The Sarge are on either side of the SC/GA border. Both are virtually on the exit ramps, and both a pretty good (or better, some say). Definitely the pick of the litter for GA & SC.

Rockburn is 10 minutes tops off I-95 (unless there's ungodly traffic). If you take the Baltimore Beltway (I-695) west and go around Baltimore instead of through it on I-95 Patapsco is about 15-20 minutes away. Patapsco is arguably the best course in MD.

In Virginia Giles run is less than 5 minutes off I-95 (Lorton exit). Bring some expndable discs as some holes have extremely tough rough, and check for ticks when you're done. Challanging course too. South of Fredericksburg is the Blockhouse Disc Golf and Country Club (formerly known as The Grange)about 15-20 minutes off I-95 (exit 118). This is a private disc golf paradise with a $10 entry fee (I think). You won't want to hurry through Blockhouse, two championship 18 hole courses and the coolest little 18 hole Tiki (putter) course you've ever seen.

In Delaware, I'm pretty sure that White Clay, Brandywine, and Lums Pond are all pretty close to 95 but you should check the maps on the pages here to be sure (it's been years since I've been up there).

The biggest "shouldn't miss" would be The Blockhouse, followed closely by Patapsco and then Rockburn. You might also want to check the page for Iron Hill in DE, I don't know how close it is but it's supposed to be a gold level course.

Last edited:
This thread's going on already, I think.....

But Tom Triplett and The Sarge are on either side of the SC/GA border. Both are virtually on the exit ramps, and both a pretty good (or better, some say). Definitely the pick of the litter for GA & SC.

This exacty!

right off 95 Tom Triplett and the Sarge are the closest nice courses. After that in Florence, SC is Mars Bluff which is a quick 20 minute play to stretch your legs and go for ace run after ace run.
Continuing up 95 is Luther Britt in Lumberton, NC. It is a tiny bit off 95, but worth the extra 20 minutes.
After that you really have to veer quite far off 95 because there is nothing else 15 miles of 95 or less until your destination.

I think Hawk Hollow would be well worth the little drive off of 95. It's a pretty peaceful country drive as well which is very nice after a day of I-95 driving.

Fredericksburg is right off 95. We have 2 open courses - Pratt Park & Loriella.

The Blockhouse is private and are open until May 31 (today). They have not posted if they are going to stay open or not.

The new course at the University of Richmond was fun & is just a few miles from Bryant Park which is right off the I 195 - I 64 interchange.

course is currently closed...

:(, tell the cows to faster!

(Also any chance of being open weekend of June 18th and 19th? I'm heading down for the Saturday round of the US Open so I will be in the area :hfive:.

Iron Hill in DE is only a couple minutes off of 95. From the longs it is a punishing wooded course. Definitely worth a stop. Play the shorts if you are squeezed for time. It's just a very nice all-around course. With long wooded holes.

Luther Britt in lumberton is a good course that you can literally see from I-95 (be prepared to swim) Arnette park in fayettville is right near the interstate as well. It's an older course but I liked it....especially the back 9

Yes, that back 9 is pretty good. Front 9 is Ok, if not a little dull. Just consider it a warmup.

quickies on a highway trip should be just that quickies and fun.....swamp ass, thorn legs, sunburn, insect bites dont make for a great car ride afterwards.....just a realization I had 2 weeks ago after playing Brandywine in Delaware and then driving to the Blockhouse and then driving home to PA the next day after 2 rounds of blockhouse...lol

Moving south to north through VA, White Bank Park in Colonial Heights, Bryan Park in Richmond, Pratt Park in Fredericksburg, and Giles Run in Lorton are all within 10 minutes of I-95. All are worth a stop depending on how much time you have and what sort of outing you're looking for.

Latest posts