• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Greater Cincinnati Course info/updates (Cincy, N. KY, SE Indiana)

And just like that, Devou is closed.

The course has been open less than a week and someone, assuming a group, stole 14 of the 18 baskets last night.

People suck.

And just like that, Devou is closed.

The course has been open less than a week and someone, assuming a group, stole 14 of the 18 baskets last night.

People suck.

Seriously?! I really was looking forward to getting out there. Why are people this way? I know that Stonelick had that issue for awhile due to presumably fishers throwing baskets in the lake.

Seriously?! I really was looking forward to getting out there. Why are people this way? I know that Stonelick had that issue for awhile due to presumably fishers throwing baskets in the lake.

Sounds like they're checking the ponds around Devou...

Normally, i would say that sounds like some disgruntled NIMBYs... but it sounds like the community was really behind the project...

Here's a link to a local channels story about it... https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/go...-covington-s-new-disc-golf-course/ar-AA12Tte5

CINCINNATI (WXIX) - The excitement was palpable last Saturday when Covington residents and officials gathered to cut the ribbon on an anticipated disc golf course at Devou Park.

The course drew unanimous support across the community in the planning stages, and it took much of the community to build it.

"A lot of work, a lot of effort, a lot of volunteer hours, a lot of people were involved with it, and it came out of the gates really well, really exploding," Hassert said.

More than 700 people came to play during the opening weekend. It was exactly what officials wanted to see.

What a damn shame. Hope they find them and get them back in soon. Course sounds pretty fantastic from this first review on DGCR. http://dgcour.se/13486

Promptly wishlisted.

Will do. Still haven't even scratched the surface over there, plus WV is wolf heaven. Already eyeing that up again. Plus Hidden Ridge. Hint, hint @Innocentcrook ;)

Good to see you around again brutus :hfive:

Hadn't really played for a couple years until last fall due to my shoulder. One day last summer, i asked my new fishing buddy if he wanted to head down to the lake and he says,

"Can't tonight, I'm going golfing."

I had no idea that he even played... and I thought, hmm... Walked down to the garage and grabbed my 7iron. Took it out to the yard and swung a couple times and realized it didn't hurt my shoulder. Called him back and asked him if he a spot open, lol.

Next thing you know, I'm playing golf a couple times a week and have converted a bag of 20yr old clubs, into a bag I could probably get $1500 for if I parted it out. :\:D

I also started participating on a stick golf forum..

At some point in December, we had a semi warm day and we were supposed to play but he had to cancel at the last minute... literally 2min after I hung up, the group text went out naming the course that my weekend crew was playing... I said what the hell, it's a shortish mostly flat course. Went and played 18 with the fellas and had a great time and no shoulder problems...

I've only played 6 or 7 times since, mostly because I'm still playing golf too much, lol... and I've also started gaming again after I saw a friend playing Friday the 13: The Game. That's really the main reason I haven't been on here so much. That game is addicting as hell.

Taking care of my mom also presents a challenge or two. Don't really feel comfortable being more 25 or 30 from home in case something happens. Which pretty much cuts off a majority of the course here. Plus, I'm just not in good enough shape to tackle the hillier offerings...

But, I'm going to play a lot more over the winter to try and gets my legs stretched out again. I want to try to lose some weight and walking 9 holes of stick is a good stroll... and it's a lot cheaper lol

Plus Hidden Ridge. Hint, hint @Innocentcrook ;)

Now would probably be a good time to go there. It's been dry for weeks till we got a bit of rain tonight but it's supposed to be dry again for at least another week. Plus, it's gotta be just beautiful on that property right now. Leaves changed or changing...

Gotta love early fall in the midwest.:thmbup:

Now would probably be a good time to go there. It's been dry for weeks till we got a bit of rain tonight but it's supposed to be dry again for at least another week. Plus, it's gotta be just beautiful on that property right now. Leaves changed or changing...

Gotta love early fall in the midwest.:thmbup:

I'm just going to quote the shorter of the two lol. Naw, just good to see you around again. I played Osage and Stonelick in May. Good stuff.

Glad you're doing well, or we'll enough at least lol 😁, I'm not getting any younger either.

And hey, if you see J'marr around tell him to step his damn game up. 3-2 ain't cutting it for me...🤣

Wooooo boy. Played Three Rivers DGP at General Butler State Resort Park this morning. Absolute bomber's delight. If you can't throw 400' drives you'll have a tough time shooting under par. 800-900' par 4's will do that to a round. Not at all surprised that it's an Avery Jenkins design.

The course plays almost entirely through the old 9 hole golf course with TONS of elevation. It's still a bit rough around the edges but it sounds like they're in the process of fine tuning some of the rough around certain areas. A bit more brush cutting and some finish mowing will go a long way.

Definitely worth a stop if you find yourself traveling between Louisville and Cincinnati as it's only 2 miles off the interstate.

Latest posts