• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Greenville SC to Asheville NC??

ncfiddler

A buddy and I will be heading down to the Simpsonville, SC Furthur show this Friday. We'll be driving up to Asheville for Belle Chere on Saturday evening. Can anyone recommend any courses in Greenville/Spartanburg up to Asheville?
The only course that I have played in these areas is Richmond Hill and would like to play something new. Any suggestions?

Greenvilletoashville.jpg

here you go.

map.jpg

Century Park in Greer is not too bad.

Last edited:
I was trying to be helpful this time. You have to be premium to use route map. the feature is great for planning trips.

Timmons,Foothills & Va-Du-Mar are all really good, fun courses.
Please give us report on the concert.

Timmons & Va-Du-Mar.

Timmons is a very fun short course, mostly wooded, very tricky greens, lots of O.B. (but not disc-losing O.B.).

Va-Du-Mar has dual tees and is moderately long from the longs, with big elevation on half the holes and great variety.

Both are easily detours on your route.

Definitely go to Va Du Mar. you can play two rounds and play to very different courses. Timmons is also worth the trip. as a local those are the best two that are within the area you described. if you can i would also reccomend playing JB Red Owens park in Easley SC. lots of variation.

Supplement: I mentioned Va-Du-Mar thinking, off the top of my head, that our travelers would be taking interstate from Greenville to Spartanburg, then Asheville. Taking the direct route, it's a bit out of the way (but worth it, in my opinion). The course in Easley is probably just as convenient.

Timmons is the "can't miss" in terms of fun and convenience, unless you're looking for more challenge.

Since you are driving from Summerville why wait until you get to Greenville to play a great course. Stoney Hill is supposedly the best course in the state and it is located in Newberry near I-26.

Recent Changes

Both Va-Du-Mar and Foothills have undergone some recent changes:

2 holes are gone from Va-Du-Mar, they built tennis courts in the middle of 13 and 12, and the teepad for 14 is gone.

Foothills now has a chain-link fence in front of the teepads for #2 and #18. I guess ppl are just teeing from anywhere flat in front of them.

Great courses tho, #10 at Foothills is over 800 ft --across the field below the tee long-wise and down the gap past the double pines. Don't bother with the 9-holers in town, nothing worth spending time at. Timmons can be a lot of fun, bring a towel as there is a creek in play many places but pro's consider it a Roc/Putter only course.

Since you are driving from Summerville why wait until you get to Greenville to play a great course. Stoney Hill is supposedly the best course in the state and it is located in Newberry near I-26.

We'd welcome him, but the O.P. said he was driving from Simpsonville (near Greenville), not Summerville.

Thanks for all of the help. I believe that we are going to try to do both Timmons and Van-Du-Mar. Both look like good courses. Anyone know what the average round time is on these two courses? I'm guessing two hours each should be plenty of time, as long as there's not a crowd?

Va du mar short and timmons can be done in under 130 each. The longs at Va du mar will take a bit longer. When u coming I live 5 min from timmons

Va du mar short and timmons can be done in under 130 each. The longs at Va du mar will take a bit longer. When u coming I live 5 min from timmons

We'll play Timmons first. I would say that it would be mid-morning as we'll need to be in Asheville late afternoon/early evening. Jason Isbell plays around 6:30. Got to be there for that!

Latest posts