• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Gremlin OOP again!

FlipFlat

Birdie Member
This is probably old news to some but I just read it on their website. Just a warning if it's a disc you like stock up while you can still do so. I think they have a decent stock pile and it should last awhile.

I feel like the lack of activity on this thread signifies why it went OOP for a second time...just an assumption, never thrown the disc.

There are so many floating around at stores and I bet they have an overstock in one of the warehouses. It's just like the gazelle - OOP but still can be found everywhere.

True that but I cant even recall seeing one in a store and I was just at one yesterday spending a gift card from christmas.

There were still x-outs of the dx innova version in east a few years back. I always liked the flight but the feel was never right for me. Same with the panther unfortunately.

There are so many floating around at stores and I bet they have an overstock in one of the warehouses. It's just like the gazelle - OOP but still can be found everywhere.

Gazelle is not OOP.
Regardless, are you seeing them in anything other than DX?

I actually love my gremlin and it a discmania GM and not a old pro line gremlin.

That said I only like it cause it's flight is like a slow driver, or a roc that does not require height to achieve its distance.

The profile shot of the innova gargoyle at least I think is its name looks like a spider-gremlin hybrid.

If it does go OOP again it will be sad.

I actually love my gremlin and it a discmania GM and not a old pro line gremlin.

That said I only like it cause it's flight is like a slow driver, or a roc that does not require height to achieve its distance.

The profile shot of the innova gargoyle at least I think is its name looks like a spider-gremlin hybrid.

If it does go OOP again it will be sad.

Read the DM website it going OOP. I like the mold I just like Buzz's more pro D buzz understable shot's. Z buzz straight with a little fade. Buzz OS headwinds hyzers flex shot's. Thinking of trying out the Truth to see if it's better for me then the buzz probably not but it will be fun to try a new mid.

Flight wise it's an awesome disc. I think it didn't get a lot of love because it's a smaller diameter mid and the later runs were really domey. If you could get them to mold up flat I think people would try them again. If it had a good small diameter understable mid to pair with it I think it would help too. Panther would be the closest?

Not OOP, now being sold by Innova as the Gargoyle, discgolfcenter has them, I ordered one and the second I unpacked it I said to myself this is absolutely a Gremlin.

I checked the specs and it is in fact a Gremlin, the spec says all parameters the same except the Gargoyle just a touch more height.....

What's with all of the newer innova mids having these incredibly ugly domes? Gremlin lovers tend to prefer the flat ones and now we're getting ones with even more dome. I love me some innova but handled a manta in store a week or two ago and just chuckled. From a side profile it's just an ugly looking disc. I don't know if it's the convex vtech bottom wing piece that lends to soup bowl domes or what. Maybe it's possible that vtech isn't as effective when you've got a flat top to go with it, who knows?

Gargoyle vs. Gremlin Pics

Attaching pics.

Both have the same Ontario tooling.

Even though PDGA Spec says Gargoyle has a little more height, they are the same when laid next to each other, I even put a level on the discs.

The flight ratings imply the Gargoyle has a little less glide but is a little more understable, so when I run the math, it nets out to the same disc -

6 5 0 2 - Gremlin
6 3 -1 2 - Gargoyle

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 54
Attaching pics.

Even though PDGA Spec says Gargoyle has a little more height, they are the same when laid next to each other, I even put a level on the discs.

The flight ratings imply the Gargoyle has a little less glide but is a little more understable, so when I run the math, it nets out to the same disc -

6 5 0 2 - Gremlin
6 3 -1 2 - Gargoyle

The top is different and the nose is less blunt of the gargoyle. It is probably going to be a closer flight to a spider in fact i would not be surprised if the gargoyle was first tested as a spider3.

Remember that both eagle and teebird are close in shape but will fly diffrent just with a small difference.

Attaching pics.

6 5 0 2 - Gremlin
6 3 -1 2 - Gargoyle

Have you thrown it yet does it fly like a Gremlin? When I read the above post earlier I thought it was the exact same mold.

Have you thrown it yet does it fly like a Gremlin? When I read the above post earlier I thought it was the exact same mold.

Sold it, did not throw it, too close to a Gremlin.

It is splitting hairs to say it is a different disc, it is the exact same diameter and rim width, you can only carry so many molds, the noses are very close, etc., it is so close to a Gremlin that the thrower will be far more important than the mold.

My guess is the Gargoyle will fly like a Gremlin that someone has bagged for a few weeks.....

The profile pic of the two don't necessarily make them look identical. Maybe it's the angle it was taken at. In the specs, the rim configs have more separation than TeeBirds and Eagles. Not calling shenanigans, but...

Latest posts