• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grunting while driving

I find when I yell out something right as my opponents are driving, it's much more effective and fun too!

j/k :p

I've caught myself grunting on accedent. Occasionally I'll have a beastly drive and without thought or reason I let out a small little urmph. When I do it it is entirely subconcious.

I think the only time I really do this is when I'm trying to throw a massive spike hyzer,i've caught myself doing it on those occasions :|

I don't grunt or yell, but I can sometimes fart on command. Everybody is good at something I guess.

it works for shot putt and discus throws. I don't know how but a yell and good form will usually give a few more feet than a silent throw with good form. having said that I don't yell or grunt will throwing a disc golf disc. I want to be able to really bomb before i would ever bring that much attention to myself

I do it sometimes, but it's involuntary. I never "grunt" on purpose. It's usually when I'm trying too hard. I've noticed that the guys in my group have started grunting too. No reason to hold back if it's natural. Grunting for the sake of making noise or trying to get attention is kind of weird. Just sayin'.

My friend is a big fan of The Usual Suspects and always thought they were talking about Hyzer Sosa (Keyser Soza). He loves to throw a big spike hyzer and now it is often accompanied by "Sosa"! on the release. It doesn't make much difference but a least we know where to look when he throws.

its like that dude that advertises these funky bolf drivers, says he can hit a drive further than anyone and has an annoyingly loud yell everytime he drives!

I do believe this is what you're referring to.

In case it didn't work properly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg0ef3VN3DA

POWWWWWWWWWWW! I can hit my ball over them thar mountains!

nothing-wrong-with-a-little-grunting.jpeg

I just yell out what disc I am chucking!!!!!! Like I yell out ARRRRRRRRRCHOOOOOOONNNNNN!!!!!!!

I do it sometimes, but it's involuntary. I never "grunt" on purpose. It's usually when I'm trying too hard. I've noticed that the guys in my group have started grunting too. No reason to hold back if it's natural. Grunting for the sake of making noise or trying to get attention is kind of weird. Just sayin'.

Just a few days ago I witnessed a grunt-drive for the first time. This dude was damn good all around, not just off the tee. He would only grunt when driving longer holes (300ft+), but it was amazing. I'd bet the grunt has much less affect on the shot than the actual form and speed/power. It is just an after effect.

It's funny, he also said that his friends would try to grunt on purpose. I guess it doesn't work when you're thinking about it and forcing it. That could be entertaining to watch though.

If you're not sharting when you drive you're not trying hard enough.