• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Guys draggin carts along...

I like the simplicity of a basic dg bag. And find it a bit humorous that bad back people think loading and unloading a cart from your car is better for your back. (I to have bad back, L5). But I used to have a pimped out cart for ball golf. And the thought of converting it to dg has crossed my mind. One 27 hole I played had a 6 mile hike to complete the course, a little extra water and cart might not have been such a bad thing. The extra storage,umbrella for heat and rain,drink holder, score card holder, pencil holder,seat,...........made walking 18 a lot easier. The one thing that puts my dg bag over the comfortable zone is drinks. Weather it's a beer day or just water, that ship is heavy. I would feel a little silly........f it I am building my cart and bringing a pony keg on my next outing!

Last edited:
I guess. I like my "plywood bolted to an old golf bag cart" set up better, but I don't want to sit. I also don't need or want cooler space. I like having my bag up high enough that I don't have to bend over to get my discs - helps a lot with back fatigue. Not only is a cart great in wet weather, you might be surprised at how much cooler and better you feel in hot weather without that bag on your back and the constant on and off your back - 75-100 times a round!

Do you have any tips for building a cart of this style? I got an old golf bag cart and am looking to convert it. Thanks!:clap:

At my local course its so full of plant debris a cart would get stuck.

Honestly I can only see a cart being any good if you are carrying food and beer. Maybe if you are carrying your whole crew's discs but other than that its pretty much in the way.

I like the simplicity of a basic dg bag. And find it a bit humorous that bad back people think loading and unloading a cart from your car is better for your back. (I to have bad back, L5). But I used to have a pimped out cart for ball golf. And the thought of converting it to dg has crossed my mind. One 27 hole I played had a 6 mile hike to complete the course, a little extra water and cart might not have been such a bad thing. The extra storage,umbrella for heat and rain,drink holder, score card holder, pencil holder,seat,...........made walking 18 a lot easier. The one thing that puts my dg bag over the comfortable zone is drinks. Weather it's a beer day or just water, that ship is heavy. I would feel a little silly........f it I am building my cart and bringing a pony keg on my next outing!

Uh, my cart is super light and weighs much less than my bag. My four year old could lift it. Folds up small too.

At my local course its so full of plant debris a cart would get stuck.

Honestly I can only see a cart being any good if you are carrying food and beer. Maybe if you are carrying your whole crew's discs but other than that its pretty much in the way.

Nope. Carts are not great at every course. And not for every person. To say that they are useless except for carrying food, beer or multiple bags is just silly.

Do you have any tips for building a cart of this style? I got an old golf bag cart and am looking to convert it. Thanks!:clap:

Yep, really easy. I just got a piece of plywood big enough for my Revo Carolina to sit on, and a simple L-shaped bracket. My cart is a lightweight aluminum folding cart. Drilled through the frame at the height I wanted the bag to sit - not too high that it tips over, not too low that I have to bend down. Attach bracket to frame, attach plywood to bracket - I used bolts and wing nuts so the whole thing can be dissembled if you want. I am able to loop the bag's umbrella loops around the wheel struts, and I put my quad shocks up and through the handle of the cart. Very stable that way.

Yep, really easy. I just got a piece of plywood big enough for my Revo Carolina to sit on, and a simple L-shaped bracket. My cart is a lightweight aluminum folding cart. Drilled through the frame at the height I wanted the bag to sit - not too high that it tips over, not too low that I have to bend down. Attach bracket to frame, attach plywood to bracket - I used bolts and wing nuts so the whole thing can be dissembled if you want. I am able to loop the bag's umbrella loops around the wheel struts, and I put my quad shocks up and through the handle of the cart. Very stable that way.

Thanks! Simple. Does it show any bending on the L bracket?

DGCourseReview.com presents... Real Men of Genius.

Reeeeal Men of Geniuuuus!

Today we salute you, Mister Homemade Disc Golf Cart Guy.

Mister Homemade Disc Golf Cart Guy!

You've taken a version of golf designed to be walked and decided that there's a serious lack of wheels out there, to carry all those discs you keep buying...

Gotta keep 'em somewhere!

The problem of trying to get all those discs out there with you led to re-tasking shopping carts, ball golf bags and even baby carriages.

Move over, baby!

While others have four point harnesses or shoulder straps, you push or pull your way through the course with your cart, most of it holding backups for those same six discs you always end up throwing.

Allllllways prepared now!

So head on over to DGCourseReview.com, cart commando... people may think you look silly, but you know that they'll be sorry when they realize they don't have ten backups for every driver in their bag.

Mister Homemade Disc Golf Cart Guuuuuuuuuuuuuy!

Love it

Nope. Carts are not great at every course. And not for every person. To say that they are useless except for carrying food, beer or multiple bags is just silly.

Agree, actually they should not allow carts except for emergencies.

with the the cart hate? is it because the people hating dont have enough ingenuity to make their own? my back feels so much better and i can play 3-4 more rounds a day with a cart. plus i never have any weight on my shoulders.

I don't personally cart it (yet!), but I do admire the ingenuity out there, and have some ideas for the future. Oh, and

PDGA Rule 3.5.E: "For those players wishing to use a carrying device, approved carrying devices include disc golf bags, foldable chairs and push cart companions. No animals, motor driven or bicycle type devices shall be allowed at all PDGA events."

...and that's just for sanctioned events. Heck, if someone wanted to tootle around the course on a Segway, towing a shopping cart full of discs and supplies, I say, if it's not a sanctioned event, have at it!

btw, this all made me wonder about handicapped accessibility. Do you suppose if someone in a wheelchair wanted to take part in a sanctioned tourney, the TD would have the discretion to allow it? They ought to.

ST7u2ZS.jpg

Me either. I've never seen so much animosity over something that only effects the person using said item.

Especially the part where he agreed with me and then stated the exact opposite of what I was saying.

Let's hate on something that's actually annoying and affects others....like external speakers playing ****ty music. :hfive:

PDGA Rule 3.5.E: "For those players wishing to use a carrying device, approved carrying devices include disc golf bags, foldable chairs and push cart companions. No animals, motor driven or bicycle type devices shall be allowed at all PDGA events."

the first tournament i ever played (2003) there was a old guy who was disabled and struggled to walk, although he could still stand and throw, his kids made him a walker-cart that self propelled itself so he could get around the course easier. it would be really lame if someone called that rule on him, but i haven't seen him on the course in several years.