• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Guys draggin carts along...

Well, another milestone for me. One of disc golf buddies drags a cart along... I played with him this last weekend, Jack Selleh. He flat out can send discs. He has been playing since the late seventies and his cart looks pretty old. Got a cooler and a set of pvc pipes that he hangs his bag from. Was really enlightening for me.

1. Carts are cool. I stand corrected and eating a little crow, good tasting crow I might ad.

2. Rollers are my favorite shot. I won't ever nag on a roller, one of the coolest throws in disc golf. It isn't an easy shot and it is one of the most shot shapable skills to have in your repertoire.

Our foursome is pretty damn good. One of us has won their division at FH Memorial, another is an old disc golf pro having won many tournaments and the same for Jack who is a pioneer.

I'm still a regular player and no less stoked.

You play with Jack? I think he and I have taken down doubles a few times together. He's been in the game for quite some time.

You play with Jack? I think he and I have taken down doubles a few times together. He's been in the game for quite some time.
I remember Jack, he could throw an Aero a mile. Here's a pic of the family store in 1972.
1992.2.2183.jpg

Joe Selleh Sporting Goods and Sports Wear - 624 South Mill Avenue, Tempe, Arizona.

I remember Jack, he could throw an Aero a mile. Here's a pic of the family store in 1972.
1992.2.2183.jpg

Joe Selleh Sporting Goods and Sports Wear - 624 South Mill Avenue, Tempe, Arizona.

That's pretty awesome. I had no idea they had a local shop.

Are you ever going to come back to Arizona, ZZ?

All you need is a Voodoo Zulu and you can carry beer,Sandwiches,water if you want that sort of thing, and some discs. :hfive:

Seriously though. Wouldn't carrying a bag be easier than a cart? Just sayin,not trying to hate on the idea.

All you need is a Voodoo Zulu and you can carry beer,Sandwiches,water if you want that sort of thing, and some discs. :hfive:

Seriously though. Wouldn't carrying a bag be easier than a cart? Just sayin,not trying to hate on the idea.

Not if you have a bad back, hips, knees, etc. I always thought the carts were kinda goofy, but now that my back has been giving me problems I'm thinking about getting one.

Hmmm. Reaching down, picking up, and shouldering a 15-20lb bag 70+ times a round or an easy to push cart...

I'll give you certain courses are less conducive to carts, but for the most part, any weight you can take off your body will save you energy at the end of the day.

I put two grips, an innova starter bag, and a cooler with 12-15 beers in it. Plus a stool or two....and sandwiches. So that weight is off three peoples backs and I don't have to cram a six pack w/no ice around it i n my bag.

Its not an everyday thing, but for a Saturday afternoon casual round, its nice to not have to carry anything.

My friend uses a cart and quite honestly I think it's pretty sweet. Plenty of room for discs and beers. I have less discs on me than I'd like because the beers makes my bag heavy.

Let's keep this somple. Pride aside, if you were playing an 18er or 36 hole round or tourney and someone came up and said "hey I will carry your stuff for you" would you take that. Some are going to say no, because they haven't dropped their pride and purity, which is all well and good, I'm a prideful person as well. But remember a cart is simply a very quiet caddy that never says "that is too heavy." I have thought about building one as my last wet and rainy tournament left my butt, bag and discs muddy and wet. Which is all fine I like that sort of rugged challenge. I also love efficiency and when I am trying to compete and have fun something begs the question, "how could it be easier or better next time?"

There was a guy playing the first round with me with plywood screwed on an old ball golf pull cart. His discs stayed dryer, as his bag stayed dryer and he didn't have to bend down as much.

I was fine standing and schlepping my bag, Sherpa style, but could I be more efficient? I think I could. I could also carry a seat, umbrella, and whatever else I need. I don't carry any of those now, and won't because a bag is enough crap to carry, set down, pick up and potentially forget...

Cart=caddy and all of us could use one of those from time to time.

Mark it zero.

I've been using a Gun Buggy, which is perfectly designed as a disc golf cart for about a year now. At a broken 60 years old, I can say it's been a huge help. I can carry more with less fatigue.

Sometimes I use a Go-Kart, sometimes I use a jogging stroller, sometimes I carry a Revo Carolina.
It's all about choices.
Play Disc Golf, by yourself or with buddies, and have fun. That's the best choice to make!

I like a lot of the design features on that cart, though the seat on the go cart looks more comfy with the back rest. I can't see spending that much on a cart but for the people that would it looks like a cool product.

These look pretty sweet, though spendy:

http://www.deltadiscgolf.com/

I guess. I like my "plywood bolted to an old golf bag cart" set up better, but I don't want to sit. I also don't need or want cooler space. I like having my bag up high enough that I don't have to bend over to get my discs - helps a lot with back fatigue. Not only is a cart great in wet weather, you might be surprised at how much cooler and better you feel in hot weather without that bag on your back and the constant on and off your back - 75-100 times a round!

Ive been considering getting a go kart. The delta cart looks sweet but not $200-300 more sweet imo.

Any go kart owners in this thread have any pro's or con's i should weigh?

Latest posts