• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Guys draggin carts along...

There is a guy I saw one time who had a cart, but instead of attaching a bag to it, he had a long leather strip, maybe 5' long, and wide enough for two discs, and he had pockets all down the leather strip for his discs. It looked like he was carrying like 12-14 discs or something. Like two vertical rows of six or seven.

I actually thought it was kind of a cool thing. All his discs were easy to get to, and it wasn't very bulky or awkward looking. I would ALMOST pull something like that myself, but I think I would still feel a little silly. Plus I live in Washington State, and there is a lot of terrain and elevation around here which makes carts difficult. I don't really see them very often.

My 5 year old son's not gonna walk a full two rounds at our courses at Tom Bass, so I'm glad I have a BOB stroller to help bring him along and carry my discs. My shoulders feel better after two rounds than they would if I were humping a bag of 20 discs for two rounds.

You take your son out to Tom Bass? He's a trooper that place is brutal and I have not even played Wilmont yet.

I would recommend the jogging stroller approach. The pull cart really suits stick golf much more - our fairways are more rugged and our terrain has much more elevation change. Well unless your playing pretty mellow courses.

Look for the wheel locks on a stroller. Personally, I've seen some really good looking strollers for twins that make my inner MacGyver tick.

Thanks, that is what I have been leaning toward.

Jogging strollers are BADASS, the bigger the tires the better. I'm a machinist so I get plenty of sore back days throughout the week and taking the stroller really helps ease the pain on your neck/back/shoulders.

I got a double nutsac for courses that aren't cart-friendly, it's been great also.

Since when does it matter what anyone uses to play disc golf with? Let people use what they want to use flat out. What is the need to police this issue like it really even matters? Are people not allowed to play how they want? Just some of my thoughts.

Plus 1 on this.
I think it's silly when I hear about people that have a half-dozen bags at the house...
But still, let people play how they choose. A cart is just another tool that helps me play better becasue I am rested and more relaxed.

I just purchased a pull behind cart and plan on doing some simple things to it. It was brought up to my attention that these things exsist and will help me get back on the course quicker after my back surgery tomorrow.

I just purchased a pull behind cart and plan on doing some simple things to it. It was brought up to my attention that these things exsist and will help me get back on the course quicker after my back surgery tomorrow.

Good plan.
I got mine while I was laid up after appendicitis surgery.
Having a cart helped me get back on the course more quickly.

What's up Juke? I've learned to play backhand now. Forehand off the tee all the time, it was holding me back. I can send a disc much farther now and if I need the disc to hook right, I'll send it left handed...

It's all about the pull.

I'm don't do politically correct, I learn, sometimes the hard way. I've learned a lot about disc golf, I continue to learn a lot more and I am very fortunate to fall into such a keen group of old pros and a pioneer in it.

It's funny, we now play disc golf at a ball golf course. 36 holes (baskets), we tee off between ball golfers, get in the cart (guys driving carts along) and go. Playing disc golf on manicured grass, I can roll 'em so freakin far sometimes. The guys that boom them out there, I can keep up with a roller and it's all good. Here comes the cart girl to bring us beers, she is pretty and really super glad we are out there.

It's a case of disc golf helping save this golf course.

They built it for us, cement tee pads with good texture that grips even in the dew. Great baskets, good times.

Guys DRIVING carts along.

Disc golf is way cool.

Anyway, I'm one of the guys I was baggin on, and draggin a cart along or driving one.

Yeah.

At a recent tournament my friend brought his wife and newborn. Upon arrival she saw all the strollers and declared "Oh great ! Lots of babys here." LMAO! He kindly explained that those are disc golf strollers and not babys.
I have been using a converted BOB stroller that my kid rarely uses anymore. I added some PVC pipe to the sides to hold and umbrella and a chair. On the top, I have an attachment for the umbrella. The umbrella covers most of the cart and an area to sit out of the rain. I got some "WHY?" looks at first. Now I see many people using carts/strollers. In a tournament they are really usefull. My Grip bag fits like it was made for this stroller. The drink holder attachment makes having snacks/drinks readily available. Casual rounds and times when I can use a small disc selection or a technical course I still carry my bag. If it ever stops raining here Ill try and get a pic to post.

I just started using my Jogging stroller for any round I can. It's has been a big relief for m back. I have to carry extra things because of my diabetes and every little thing I can do to ease my back I will. The best part is when I play my local course the bin under the seat has plenty of room to put all the trash I pick up when I play.

DGCart.jpg

You young 'uns will understand when you hit 50 and are still playing.

When I lived in Orlando the courses are long and flat so a cart was the way to go. I had a simple pull cart with a milk crate bolted on with carpet lining the inside. I would put a 2 quart cooler of ice water in the base where the bottom of the club bag would go.

Well I have had three heart attacks and three knee surgeries and I don't give a crap what people think of me pushing a cart. It's the best disc golf purchase I have made for those hot and humid summer rounds. I feel blessed to even be still getting to play.

Last edited:
best 20$ ever spent

I bought a jogging stroller a few weeks ago on craigslist for 20 bucks best spent money all year.it is starting to cool down now but it was over a 100 a few weekday ago and I love ice cold water.... Well with a cart u get a ice chest .. I will agree u don't look the coolest but let's get real on the course who does lol.... Plus I can bring a seat and a broom ... What's in ur bag lol

If the course is suitable for a cart, then why not? You can put all kinds of crap in a cart that would never fit in a bag.

Although I will say this: From what I've seen, cart guys are older, and slower, and tend to travel in herds. They are the kind of guys who shoot the breeze, have a few beverages, and are really relaxed.

When I'm on the course, I'm there to play. I'm not in it for the social aspect. So, no cart for me.

If the course is suitable for a cart, then why not? You can put all kinds of crap in a cart that would never fit in a bag.

Although I will say this: From what I've seen, cart guys are older, and slower, and tend to travel in herds. They are the kind of guys who shoot the breeze, have a few beverages, and are really relaxed.

When I'm on the course, I'm there to play. I'm not in it for the social aspect. So, no cart for me.

If that last part is true, I feel sorry for you. I started playing this game because of the social aspect 11 years ago. Obviously I'm there to play too, but for me, being out there with good friends and having a good time is what it's all about. I'm definitely going to be getting a cart for myself before the warm weather comes back!

Sign me up! Toss in some glow discs and it sounds like the Wednesday night crew.

If that last part is true, I feel sorry for you.

Why do you feel sorry? I love playing disc golf alone, AND with friends. We all have our reasons for being on the course. Mine is to improve. Yours is to have fun. It's all good.

When I carry my bag, I bring along <10 discs and 26oz of water.

When I bring my cart, I've got ~20 discs, a cooler, a radio, a baseball, an umbrella, a towel, and my stool. If I'm by myself, I'll have a retractable leash mounted on the cart for my dog.

Everything is relative to the situation. Some folks think it's funny when I'm pulling a cart. I think it's odd that someone would carry 20 discs in a bag for a casual round.