• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Guys draggin carts along...

picture.php

Well, another milestone for me. One of disc golf buddies drags a cart along... I played with him this last weekend, Jack Selleh. He flat out can send discs. He has been playing since the late seventies and his cart looks pretty old. Got a cooler and a set of pvc pipes that he hangs his bag from. Was really enlightening for me.

1. Carts are cool. I stand corrected and eating a little crow, good tasting crow I might ad.

2. Rollers are my favorite shot. I won't ever nag on a roller, one of the coolest throws in disc golf. It isn't an easy shot and it is one of the most shot shapable skills to have in your repertoire.

Our foursome is pretty damn good. One of us has won their division at FH Memorial, another is an old disc golf pro having won many tournaments and the same for Jack who is a pioneer.

I'm still a regular player and no less stoked.

I use a jogging stroller I picked up at a yardsale for $5 for a cart and it has been one of my best disc golf buys ever. I only use it in the summer time when I need to carry plenty of liquids. It makes golfing in the summer much more pleasurable here in the hot ass South where you can easily go through 3 or 4 bottles of water per round.

I've seen some guys with golf pull carts set up for disc golf!

Huh?

The did not look handicapped, none of them were old, some where a bit overweight...

Why a pull cart?

Do you need that much stuff to have fun?

None of them were good at it, they looked like they were having fun but huh?

Pull cart?

Maybe they have lung issues, bad back,hip,ankle,etc......what looks funny to me is guys that carry a $100.00 bag and they have 15-18 discs in there bag, and they throw like ass! Thats funny!!!

Since when does it matter what anyone uses to play disc golf with? Let people use what they want to use flat out. What is the need to police this issue like it really even matters? Are people not allowed to play how they want? Just some of my thoughts.

Yo, i am one of those Cart Pushers you speak of, i don't use it extensively but i do use it when i am playing fun/multiround in and area or at certain Tournements cause play is so slow i need to pack a lunch usually as well as my own seat!.

My 5 year old son's not gonna walk a full two rounds at our courses at Tom Bass, so I'm glad I have a BOB stroller to help bring him along and carry my discs. My shoulders feel better after two rounds than they would if I were humping a bag of 20 discs for two rounds.

I'm looking to make me a cart. Debating a used jogging stroller or maybe a pull cart. What are the pros and cons to each? I will need space for bag, small cooler, light jacket, extra towels, and maybe a seat. I don't usually even sit down if there are benches. So the seat is not that important.

Not lazy or handicapped. Just like to carry a lot of stuff.

I'm looking to make me a cart. Debating a used jogging stroller or maybe a pull cart. What are the pros and cons to each? I will need space for bag, small cooler, light jacket, extra towels, and maybe a seat. I don't usually even sit down if there are benches. So the seat is not that important.

I would recommend the jogging stroller approach. The pull cart really suits stick golf much more - our fairways are more rugged and our terrain has much more elevation change. Well unless your playing pretty mellow courses.

Look for the wheel locks on a stroller. Personally, I've seen some really good looking strollers for twins that make my inner MacGyver tick.