• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Guys draggin carts along...

I push a cart all the time. Of course, it has a toddler in it. And I've thought, man, why should I be toting my bag on my bag if I have to push this cart in front of me? Seems dumb eh? But I haven't yet figured out a good way to mount the bag onto the jogging stroller handlebar without half a roll of duct tape.

I think it would also be sweet if the bag had a good seat for sitting on tournament night, or even better, an all day tourney. Pushing a cart around doesn't look any worse than toting around 30 discs on your back with a camping stool in your hand.

I push a cart all the time. Of course, it has a toddler in it. And I've thought, man, why should I be toting my bag on my bag if I have to push this cart in front of me? Seems dumb eh? But I haven't yet figured out a good way to mount the bag onto the jogging stroller handlebar without half a roll of duct tape.

I guess it depends on what kind of stroller you have, but I improvised something that works pretty good. My stroller has a handle shaped kind of like this: l_______l . I took the seemingly archaic shoulder strap that came with my bag and made it as long as it could get. I then looped it around each side of the handle so that my bag hangs below the handle. I use my small bag when I do this and put any extra discs I need in the lower storage space. If my baby is not in the stroller for a counter balance the cart does a wheelie, but otherwise it works great.

DGCourseReview.com presents... Real Men of Genius.

Reeeeal Men of Geniuuuus!

Today we salute you, Mister Homemade Disc Golf Cart Guy.

Mister Homemade Disc Golf Cart Guy!

You've taken a version of golf designed to be walked and decided that there's a serious lack of wheels out there, to carry all those discs you keep buying...

Gotta keep 'em somewhere!

The problem of trying to get all those discs out there with you led to re-tasking shopping carts, ball golf bags and even baby carriages.

Move over, baby!

While others have four point harnesses or shoulder straps, you push or pull your way through the course with your cart, most of it holding backups for those same six discs you always end up throwing.

Allllllways prepared now!

So head on over to DGCourseReview.com, cart commando... people may think you look silly, but you know that they'll be sorry when they realize they don't have ten backups for every driver in their bag.

Mister Homemade Disc Golf Cart Guuuuuuuuuuuuuy!

haha! My new sig! :thmbup:

I remember when I first began the cart drivers irritated the hell out of me. Especially the ones who didn't have beers or just sucked. To each his own. Just ask them to caddy for you since they have a cart. Always seems to make them happier.

Ive havnt seen many "pull carts" but ive seen alot of running style baby strollers, the kind with the larger knobby tires. Personally I dont get it, specially seeing a group of four, and all of them with strollers. Flip for the guy who carries all the beer, and use one stroller.

If I see some crappy player makin fun of my cart, all ettiquite is off!
Ima laugh and make fun of their crappy shots and bad disc selection:)

Seriously, why would people hate on how one carries their discs? I don't hate on people with fade bags...

Some people love to laugh at those who are different from them selves. I do too! I had a friend of mine who started with three discs. My last count he had 13. 13 Discs and a bottle of water and no bag, no cart, no fanny pack, he just carries all of his discs stacked on top of one another and the bottle in the other hand. He drops them all atleast 5-8 time in an 18 hole round. I havn't seen him now for about 4 months but last I herd he still carries them all by hand. It's funny stuff to watch him struggle with that load.

^^^^ Yeah that's an orange FADE bag, what's up now! Just playin Craftman.

If I see some crappy player makin fun of my cart, all ettiquite is off!
Ima laugh and make fun of their crappy shots and bad disc selection:)

Seriously, why would people hate on how one carries their discs? I don't hate on people with fade bags...

Short of being handicapped, I couldn't see myself using a cart. No hate to those that do, just seems overkill to me. However, my wife did caddy for me several weeks back and I had one of the better rounds I've had this year. It was definitely beneficial not having to consistently bend over to drop and pick-up the bag and/or discs. So I can kind of (in a the slightest of ways) see where these guys are coming from. Although, the bulkier the cart, the more work to maneuver it through the course and therefore an ever bigger beat down. I see the older guys using the modified pull carts that are light weight and simply carry their discs and a small cooler. If that type of setup keeps you playing well in to your senior years, then more power to ya. I love to see the older guys ripping up a course. It gives me the hope that I still have the facilities to do the same at their age. I'm much closer to 50 than I am 25 at this point, so it may not be far away.

dude asked "why hate on the cart drivers?". most of them throw way too many discs per hole, take way to long to pick 'em up, and just seem to drag. if your back is too bad to carry a few discs, then playing must be hell on your spine right? i hate to say it, but there seems to be a stereotype for the cart driver. usually a dude that likes too much attention. one of my locals was a great player and he drove the cart, but he always had to give advice to every player on every hole. any time i actually won a hole, he had a thousand excuses. i think it was the cart.

thumbs up for the carts!

I have bought 2 push/pull carts specifically for disc golf. The first one was nice, but the handle broke off in less than a year. Still sitting in my garage if anyone wants to try and fix it.

I bought the carts because I had a partially herniated disc in my lower back that made it extremely difficult to carry any bag on my back for more than 3 or 4 holes. I tried switching to the Innova standard bag b/c it is smaller, but with it caused problems for me because I would always carry it on 1 shoulder and I felt unbalanced.

Now, I limit my bag to 14 discs and with the revo backpack sitting higher on my back I have been able to keep the new cart in the garage. I feel like I should use the cart b/c it was about $150, but with course conditions around here, I can only use it for about 3 months per year in the summer.

I've seen a guy down at Buffalo Grove, IL. with a cart with 3 bins of tupperware full of discs.

had to be carrying at least 60 discs. it's a wide open 9 hole course with the longest hole around 420 feet. He was throwing 5-10 discs a drive, most of which were r-pro bosses. Tons of bad throws, at least 9/10 and he was cursing, blaming the wind, or the degree of hyzer every throw.

This was my experience with the infamous pullcarts here in WA. 12 hole course that's pretty much a pitch and put minus the one 400' and one 325'. And the dude ahead of us is pulling a cart with 40+ discs. Of course 30-35 are all fast wide-rimmed drivers of various weights. No putters just three or four Rocs and a couple Buzzz's.

I have bought 2 push/pull carts specifically for disc golf. The first one was nice, but the handle broke off in less than a year. Still sitting in my garage if anyone wants to try and fix it.

I bought the carts because I had a partially herniated disc in my lower back that made it extremely difficult to carry any bag on my back for more than 3 or 4 holes. I tried switching to the Innova standard bag b/c it is smaller, but with it caused problems for me because I would always carry it on 1 shoulder and I felt unbalanced.

Now, I limit my bag to 14 discs and with the revo backpack sitting higher on my back I have been able to keep the new cart in the garage. I feel like I should use the cart b/c it was about $150, but with course conditions around here, I can only use it for about 3 months per year in the summer.

Ever thought of using the Innova Standard bag with some Pheonix straps? That would be a lightweight well balanced rig.

dude asked "why hate on the cart drivers?". most of them throw way too many discs per hole, take way to long to pick 'em up, and just seem to drag. if your back is too bad to carry a few discs, then playing must be hell on your spine right? i hate to say it, but there seems to be a stereotype for the cart driver. usually a dude that likes too much attention. one of my locals was a great player and he drove the cart, but he always had to give advice to every player on every hole. any time i actually won a hole, he had a thousand excuses. i think it was the cart.

What do you mean by "throw way too many discs per hole"?

Sounds like someone's jealous because the cart guy gets more practice and owns him on the course!

I pulled the impression that most here find the cart users to be lazy, drunk, low level players.
I find the opposite to be true. Not including myself, I can only think of three local carters; mike Henery (discraft sponsored state champ), framo ( utube dirty dollars ace and at least five out of state a tier wins) and an older guy at singles leauges that I'm not as familliar with- he's good though.
None carry more then a bags worth of discs, none are drunk, and none take longer then others- if anything they play quicker.

Ever thought of using the Innova Standard bag with some Pheonix straps? That would be a lightweight well balanced rig.

Yea, I tried that out too. The Innova standard does not have a good place to hook up the quad shocks.

I am content with the dual pack for now. I also want to try out the Grip Equipment bag whenever it is available for purchase.

I pulled the impression that most here find the cart users to be lazy, drunk, low level players.
I find the opposite to be true. Not including myself, I can only think of three local carters; mike Henery (discraft sponsored state champ), framo ( utube dirty dollars ace and at least five out of state a tier wins) and an older guy at singles leauges that I'm not as familliar with- he's good though.
None carry more then a bags worth of discs, none are drunk, and none take longer then others- if anything they play quicker.

i might consider it for a long course and a crowded tourney

These responses are very interesting to me. The majority of people that i know who use carts in my area are all solid to exceptional players.