• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Halo Plastic Series

Apparently. I've never seen anyone throw one. Kind of forgot about it.

They are really determined to force the Lion on people.

When the Shark 3 was the disc for this slot, as a Shark 3 would compete better for the Buzz type disc From Innova then the Shark ever could due in part to the dome. I mean on one of the Innova YouTube pages, Dave D is using a Shark 3, same flight as shown by him with the Lion. At least the Lion in plastic other then production Star, the mold is able to be griped. I have used discs with Tournament Stamp that are this gritty yet slick material that the Star Lion looks like it is made of.

No joke, what's a Lion? Yes search function...nope not wasting my time reading 93 speculation posts.

The only disc golf Lion I know is a Legacy ambassador:)

No joke, what's a Lion? Yes search function...nope not wasting my time reading 93 speculation posts.

Supposedly a less-stable Roc3 or a slightly more stable Buzzz. I can't say for sure though, since I've never seen one in the wild.

Supposedly a less-stable Roc3 or a slightly more stable Buzzz. I can't say for sure though, since I've never seen one in the wild.

I have seen online from people who throw my speed, a disc in same flight as a Shark 3, not a Shark where due to the dome disc has more hang glide as opposed to forward glide.

Kinda wish they'd stuck to the distance drivers for the Halo treatment. It makes them feel more majestic.

I think the Halo Wraiths, Destroyers, and Shrykes will look a little less awesome if people are throwing Halo Lions, Wombat3s, and Zephyrs around.

They are really determined to force the Lion on people.

You ain't Lion. The only perosn I've ever seen throw a Lion is a FH dominant player, and he uses it for straight to US stuff. I felt one at the local PIAsS and it felt horrible in my hand.

Same numbers as a Shark3 with a bead. But a beaded Shark is a Roc. So it's basically a disc that doesn't need to exist.

I have a Halo Sidewinder.

I was looking for a disc to replace the Out Of Production Dynamic Discs Witness and several folks on here suggested the Innova Sidewinder. Got one in Star plastic and was loving it. It went pretty straight for me (RHFH). Then I saw a give-away on a FB group for a Halo Sidewinder. Awesome looking. I found out where they got it from and ordered one for myself. Lost the regular Star Sidewinder in the lake and now the Halo one is my go-to Sidewinder. I find it is a pretty straight flier for me.

As to the limited number....mine was made for the 2020 USWDGC which didn't happen. I think a lot of these 'special' plastics are made for tournaments and that is why they are in limited numbers.

IMO, while I like the way the Halo plastic looks...it can be confusing with the Axiom/MVP 'gyro' type discs where the rim plastic is denser (I think) and helps create more spin (that's how I understand it); where as the Halo plastic just has the rim a different color and it doesn't change the spin.

IMO, while I like the way the Halo plastic looks...it can be confusing with the Axiom/MVP 'gyro' type discs where the rim plastic is denser (I think) and helps create more spin (that's how I understand it); where as the Halo plastic just has the rim a different color and it doesn't change the spin.

I guess it could be confusing for someone looking in your bag, hopefully it's not confusing for someone who bags both.

A Halo Orc...from long before it was a purposeful thing:
picture.php

I have had several where the color faded super badly and the rim help on longer. They are often pink like that Orc, wonder why the colorfastness of pink is worse on Innova discs?

I had a blizzard disc turn from pink to white and a pink turn to yellowish.

Pinks, especially Champion, seem to lose color faster than other colors. Had a nice pink C-line FD2 that became glass clear after a year. Some pink discs at the local shop that were displayed near the window lost color on the edge exposed to sunlight.

Latest posts