• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Halti backbags

Enrico

Par Member
PLEASE NOTE: All this information was gathered from Finnish disc golf forum, and bags in pictures are prototypes. Manufacturer hasn't provided official information yet.

Two disc golf bags coming up from a Finnish outdoor & sports equipment company.

2dv7pmq.jpg

Smaller holds 12-15 + some at the top and it will cost under 100 euros. Bigger holds about 22-25 + few in the putter pocket + some at the top, it will cost under 150 euros. Fabric will be Tarpaulin, which is waterproof.

Here's the bigger one packed full of discs, if I understood correctly there's about 34 discs total, 9 of them are putters:

10sg0hx.jpg

They look very promising. I will probably buy the smaller one next to my Prodiscus 30+ when they come out next spring. It's also nice that companies that aren't previously involved in disc golf are releasing bags.

Seems like a better variation of the CD Ranger design. I like it a lot

Interesting bag and look.

Instantly reminded me of a puffy vest you might see in Zoolander though.

Ha! The bag can only turn right

Zoolander... Hansel, Hansel, Hansel

Dig the bag

Seems like a better variation of the CD Ranger design. I like it a lot

I was thinking the same thing. To me it looks kind of like they took the lower portion of a Grip C15 and the top of a Ranger. The waterproof material sound interesting.

The fabric might be waterproof but I'm sure the bag won't be, too many seems and [ non-water-resistant ] zips. I woud guess that top compartment zip especially will let a lot of the water that falls on the lid through looking at the design. Shame it wasn't designed with a more simple, and watertight, flap lid.

Tarpaulin is a fabric that I would not choose for a backpack bag, even if it is a higher grade than the blue tarps used to cover things. The noisiness of the material alone would drive me crazy! :doh:

This bag would go perfectly with a puffy coat or vest.

Still no links???

Ok, it must be a different weave of tarp then -- interesting fabric choice in any case.

"Tarpaulin" is kind of an ambiguous term, since tarps can be made of a bunch of different materials (canvas, even). I'm thinking that this is likely heavy duty PVC tarpaulin, the kind of stuff they use on semis when covering a load.

6m-x-3-5m-heavy-duty-tarpaulin-1-1.jpg