• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hand turned wood/resin trophies

Actually I've been trying to turn something similar. I've been using a full size wood lathe for turning mid sized ornaments for my garden. A Jet 1221vs But as I've retreated to my summer house this year I want to buy a mini lathe that might keep me busy there. Just wanted to buy a smaller lathe. What lathe do you suggest? Willing to spend upto $500 or slightly more.

Actually I've been trying to turn something similar. I've been using a full size wood lathe for turning mid sized ornaments for my garden. A Jet 1221vs But as I've retreated to my summer house this year I want to buy a mini lathe that might keep me busy there. Just wanted to buy a smaller lathe. What lathe do you suggest? Willing to spend upto $500 or slightly more.

Welcome to the site. Initial use is often overwhelming. To the top left of the posting box there are three letters B I U You need to unclick the U. This will make you post legible. Enjoy the obsession most of here love.

Thank you for the kind words. I'm not sure I'm the best person to ask for advice on a mini lathe. I've just briefly researched them, and maybe one day I dream to build a mobile workshop in a trailer that would include one.

Currently I turn on a Jet 1642, I love it and I work it hard, every once in a while I even push the size limits of it and turn a large platter or something, but 99% of what I do these days is minis.

An update to this thread.

Brand new to my lineup, I spent the last week learning the capabilities of the CNC router. Here's what I've come up with so far. Now you can accessorize your favorite TotF mini! Some trophies may have a new component. And retailers across the country will be getting their hands on some sweet display and transport boxes!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20210302_145947.jpg
    20210302_145947.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 271
  • 20210302_195752.jpg
    20210302_195752.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 272
  • 20210228_192124.jpg
    20210228_192124.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 272
Welcome to the site. Initial use is often overwhelming. To the top left of the posting box there are three letters B I U You need to unclick the U. This will make you post legible. Enjoy the obsession most of here love.

Hi there! Sorry I can't figure out how to edit these comments. I'll follow these guidelines in the future for sure!

Thank you for the kind words. I'm not sure I'm the best person to ask for advice on a mini lathe. I've just briefly researched them, and maybe one day I dream to build a mobile workshop in a trailer that would include one.

Currently I turn on a Jet 1642, I love it and I work it hard, every once in a while I even push the size limits of it and turn a large platter or something, but 99% of what I do these days is minis.

Thank you so much for the response mate! A mobile workshop is a splendid idea. I'm looking into a lotta products by Jet rn. Will decide between something from jet or delta 460 mini lathe.

I'm blown away by your work mr. Dewgarita. The one and only time I saw a lathe in use was back in high school shop class in the 80s. Saw a kid get his fingers broken, and that pretty much shut down the lathe for the rest of the year! I built a bird house. The birds wouldn't even live in it

Here's a set I'm sending to Estacada, OR for the Fellowship of the Fling. Every division first place gets a wasp nest. Second place am divisions get cones/seedpods. Third place get figured wood. This is the first set I've done with the engraving on the back, to leave the front in natural art form. Check out Treasures of the Forest on Facebook to see the entire set.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 202
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 205
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 199
i like the raw look without the engraved writing

but wow looks super dope

cant even say which one in the family hive pic is my favorite they all are similar yet so different

Hey everyone, I have a farm which has lots of trees. I want a chainsaw to cut hardwood. could you help to find the best chainsaw for cutting hardwood?

Lol^

Stihl MS250 is what I do most of my work with.

As long as we're here, Callie liked the wasp nest idea for the dogwood trophies. 12 trophies out the door for the Dogwood Classic in Memphis next weekend. See the facebook page for the full set!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• dogwood1.jpg
    dogwood1.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 223
  • dogwood2.jpg
    dogwood2.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 222
  • dogwood3.jpg
    dogwood3.jpg