• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Harp - Kannel

tomte

Eagle Member
Hi!
Anyone got his hands on one already and can post some profile pics? I really would like to see how that rim looks...
Thanks!

I just grabbed a couple today. Can't post pics, but I'll give you my impressions. First, I use Swans now and prefer slim profile putters. Beads don't bother me as long as the profile is small. The Harp is flat as a board and very comfortable in my hand. It does have a bead, but it is not large. Maybe something like a Challenger although I haven't fondled a Challenger lately. Hopefully I can get out this weekend and throw it. I'll report back.

Would love to see a profile pic comparing this to a zone. It won't knock the zones out but could be a welcomed member.

I use spikes and xd's and judging by the measurement numbers this thing looks a lot like it might be a great OS partner to the spike. The height and depth numbers all seem to be very close.

I can't seem to find a single picture of it from a side profile view though. Apparently the places that sell discs think a photo of whatever goofy stamp a disc has is more important than the profile.

Anyone who can compare its flight to a Sinus?

Is it true that they will come out in VIP plastic also? Or are available already?

^^. Funny. I grabbed a couple sinus's or sini if that's what you call them in plural too. I'll throw both this weekend. The Sinus actually feels a little deeper to me.

Prototype Harp

attachment.php

attachment.php

The measurements provided by the PDGA suggested this would be a smaller rim sized Suspect. Harp is taller and feels beefier in the hand. I get a clean release from it but I was hoping for something more similar to a Suspect.

I am back to using my Suspects for what I was trying the Harp for. I am not that upset though, Suspects are my most thrown discs lately.

Thanks, that thing looks flat. Anyone got more pictures and comparisons to other discs?

This is an interesting disc. I know Westside Discs flight numbers are wierd as it is but.. 4 3 0 3 are same as suspect which is considered a short mid or 'tweener'. So this disc is a putter? I'm asking because I am looking for my shallow putter of choice. I would want to putt with a suspect but all I have is a fuzion. Haven't tried the hards. Aside from the fact that it isn't labeled putter messes with my OCD like tendencies.

I want to try a judge but the straight flight on them makes me think it wouldn't suit me. I like a slightly (very slightly) overstable putter. Ideally I would want one mold putter for putts, upshots, and drives off the tee. I felt a judge once and loved it.. Then read the almost zero fade part and it's got me turned off. I guess I could putt judges and throw suspects but.. Hmm.. Any recommendations?

Sorry to go off topic. First post btw

Also I prefer not to throw innova or Discraft except a select few which makes this choice even harder.

IMO the Harp is shallwer than the Judge and should be more OS. The ones I have in BT are much softer and more putter friendly. If and when the mediums or hards come out it could be a good all around putter. They are probably too OS for me, but if you beat in a BT for a bit it should straighten out.

I haven't been able to make myself throw the Hard prototype yet. I really want to try it, but it's one of a kind at this point and I'm hoping we'll get to see this disc in Tournament plastic soon.

You should just send that disc to me, and I will throw it. I am fearless. Plus I'll even pay for postage. I am a good guy.

Anyone who can compare its flight to a Sinus?

Is it true that they will come out in VIP plastic also? Or are available already?

For me, it's longer by just a bit, and more OS. I'll be keeping my Sinus in the bag to use as my OS putter, but the Harp will be replacing the Suspect. It's more along the line of what I wanted the Suspect to be. I won't be using it as a putter because it just doesn't feel like one in my hand. Kinda weird, but that's the way it is for me.

but the Harp will be replacing the Suspect. It's more along the line of what I wanted the Suspect to be.

Can you explain why? What is this doing the suspect didn't and what is it you were looking for that the harp does instead? Thanks.